Thread: Revs on idle

Revs on idle

just wondering guys when you's turn on your car after parked for a night what is your car revving at at?

is it normal for my dc5 to be idling at 2k revs on a cold start? it slowly goes down but just wondering is that normal or is something ****ed up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    nah completely normal, if it ends up at 750rpm when the engine is fully warmed up its all good. You can always check you IACV if your still concerned. That being dirty is your most likely cause of high idle revs on start up.

what is IACV and where is it located?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    It'll most likely be an electrical plug on the intake manifold or throttle, go to google and search "DC5 IACV" or "DC5 IACV location".
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TYPE R
    at the bottom of ur throtle body thier are two screws holding iacv pull it part and use carbie cleaner to clean it ot when striped thier comman on the k20
    rep if helped

my dc4 hits 2.1k when your first start it

Member Array
    Car:
    Your mate
    I have 2,000 start ups too, i think it's normal.

Yeah mate as silverspoon said, completely normal. The computer idles the car a bit higher on a cold start to help it reach running temperature a bit quicker.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Yea mines exactly the same, when started revs at 2k then drops down. But before that it didnt happen with my stock airbox. After i installed a pod filter its liek that. Strange

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Use to happen to me too, went up to around 2k @ start up.
    I then installed+tuned my s300, idle now sits @ 1.3k

Any body else notice that?