do i have to do emission test???

do i have to do emission test after you've done the engine conversion because the engine was imported or not aus spec? will i pass the emmission test if the egr and o2 sensor already removed from the engine??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    Hey mate, whereabouts are you from? Well i"m not 100% sure about whether or not you'd have to do an emissions test, as far as i know most people don't so long as the engine is blueslipped/engineered and registered with the rta. As for not having an exhaust gas recirculation system and o2 sensor fitted, it definately wont pass if you had to do an emissions test as these components are part of the emission control system.

im in mtdruitt syd because one of the engineer asked me if i got the engine imported or from local? if it was imported then i have to do the emission test (is this correct??)
    Last edited by shepparton; 24-09-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 ek1
    it is correct... in perth were SUPPOSED to have to do that too, if the engine doesnt have the same specs as the local engine. eg: b16a2 and b16a. but idk about sydney. though the engineer i saw didnt do it, he said he's supposed to.
    Last edited by kevibumz; 24-09-2010 at 11:42 AM.