Cleaning fuel injectors

Does anyone here have any tips on how to clean fuel injectors on a Honda Civic EK1?

Moderator - here to help Array
    you can use the over the counter fuel injector bottles (which some people argue for and/or against) or take it to a mechanic and have it done professionally. i've never heard of anyone doing it themselves

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    fuel injector cleaner only does so much.

If it doesnt work, u need them to be taken out and cleaned professionally.

Does anyone know where and for how much it costs to get this done? Im curious about this myself.

My Civic takes a while to start when fuel is low. I'm still troubleshooting. Could it be the fuel pump?

The car accelerates really crap when i first start it. It feels like clutch slippage, but it goes away after a few gear changes. Could this be a symptom of dirty injectors?
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 21-01-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 Breeze
    Just sound like a cold start to me?
    most hondas run like poo till they start to warm up a little let it idle and warm up
    and then drive it see if it still dose it?

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    hi, just digging up an old thread, would anybody know additional information regarding cleaning fuel injectors for EK1 civic? or similar types?