Page 780 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707777787797807817827837908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 9,349 to 9,360 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Ok so, just gonna jump in, and looking for some advice from the wise ones.
    Looking at going an all motor build and amassed a few parts, got lucky really...
    anyway currently have an 02 Ep3 with minimum modifications
    - 87mm 12.5:1 CR Ross Racing Pistons
    - HKS 87mm head gasket
    - HKS spark plugs
    - Toda N1 Rods
    - Supertech valve springs + retainers
    - Brian Crower stage 3 cams
    - Toda free adjusting cam gears

On the car
    - 2.5" custom exhaust
    - UR pulleys
    - Gruppe M ram air intake

will be buying
    - ARP head studs
    - new bearings
    - Hondata Kpro

thinking of also getting
    - RBC or RRC IM
    - Large TB
    - Maybe Toda headers + zorst... (reason maybe is that there is minimal gain to be had with the upgrade of EP3 headers, or so i have heard)

1) have i missed anything?
    2) Suggest a good builder?

cheers folks
    Last edited by oongie; 26-09-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: adding ZOMG sparkplugs
    Previous Ride: Modified NHB 04 CL9 (Maximworks headers, Injen intake, highflow cat, Fujitsubo Legalis-R, Greddy E-manage Ultimate, Buddyclub N+ coilovers)
    Current Ride: Almost stock CW 02 EP3R

The standard ep3 header is less than ideal. Considering that you are trying to
    Make the engine use as much air and timing and compression as possible - id def. Use a good proven aftermarket header. Why not 3 inch from collector back ?

I strongly suggest Adrian @ TODA AU for the build. Located in thornleigh Sydney and a trader on here. Great down to earth guy and fantastic to deal with.

Give him a call on 0401 869 524 tell Him bennjamin off ozhonda strongly recommends him :-)

Just a rant - my otherwise standard ep3r is hitting 375km per tank around town. No thrashing. V8 thirst with truck performance. Fantastic !
    Last edited by bennjamin; 27-09-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Antv View Post
    whats the difference with the titanium and stainless steal js racing exhausts? do they sound different?

They do sound different. Personally I think TI sounds better than stainless.

I had a 50RS on my Jazz and my friend had a 304R on his Jazz. There's more drone coming from the stainless and it sounds somewhat more louder. Tbh the 304R sounds like any other cannon axle backs but that may just be me. Different people have preferences to their ears.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Just a rant - my otherwise standard ep3r is hitting 375km per tank around town. No thrashing. V8 thirst with truck performance. Fantastic !

I'm averaging 450, with a deviation of 25,when the fuel warning light comes on. With mixed city/hwy driving/WOT

Don't know if this is a myth or not. Maybe full syn oil would offer better fuel economy?
    Last edited by Poeter; 27-09-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    The standard ep3 header is less than ideal. Considering that you are trying to
    Make the engine use as much air and timing and compression as possible - id def. Use a good proven aftermarket header. Why not 3 inch from collector back ?

I strongly suggest Adrian @ TODA AU for the build. Located in thornleigh Sydney and a trader on here. Great down to earth guy and fantastic to deal with.

Give him a call on 0401 869 524 tell Him bennjamin off ozhonda strongly recommends him :-)
    2.5" was used by the previous owner of the car for ideal backpressure.
    3" would be too loud but may resort to 3" piping ending in a smaller muffler to keep the noise down.

I did think of Toda, but because Adrian is so busy the build may take longer than i would like it to...
    Previous Ride: Modified NHB 04 CL9 (Maximworks headers, Injen intake, highflow cat, Fujitsubo Legalis-R, Greddy E-manage Ultimate, Buddyclub N+ coilovers)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by oongie View Post
    2.5" was used by the previous owner of the car for ideal backpressure.
    3" would be too loud but may resort to 3" piping ending in a smaller muffler to keep the noise down.

I did think of Toda, but because Adrian is so busy the build may take longer than i would like it to...
    So what power are you making for far?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    So what power are you making for far?
    You know what, I havent dyno'ed in yet...I wouldn't think too much considering minimal modifications.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    You know what, I havent dyno'ed in yet...I wouldn't think too much considering minimal modifications.
    \\

Mines 122.6kw completely stock, can't wait to start moding
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    What weight and viscosity are you using? Perhaps your oil is a bit too thin?
    Castrol edge 5/50 I think it was, it was recommended in these forums some where for the EP3.

It is a lot hotter up here so please let me know if you think I should be using something different

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    2 x banana milkshakes please!

EP3 dynoday ?

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Since you have everything, the turn time would be around 2~3 weeks depending on machining.
    Can even do you a real good deal on an RRC & throw in a blue rocker cover too
    But please, ask for a quote before you write us off on an assumption...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Since you have everything, the turn time would be around 2~3 weeks depending on machining.
    Can even do you a real good deal on an RRC & throw in a blue rocker cover too
    But please, ask for a quote before you write us off on an assumption...
    Mr Adrian,
    you have a PM.
    Will call tomorrow for a chat on the number Bennjamin's provided