Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    it says EK sedan as your car, and vtec so i take it you have a D16Y5, Its a VTEC-E motor you are not going to have hektik crossover....
    Last edited by Raztaz; 02-10-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    SRI will have a louder roar since pod aint to far. CAI would have a deeper note with added piping.

I dont even have vtec yet i love the growl i get past 5k revs and onwards to the red zone. Be happy with what you got.
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 02-10-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    vtec is overrated.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah the whale style intake is the loudest you can get as far as intakes go ...

i went from a Simota whale style intake to a Fujita CAI Black Edition and its HEEPS quieter

as for vtec crossover on the D series - dont get your hopes up - i just run no vtec D, dont have to worry about it + smoother power curve lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    if anything with sri, u will loose power lol, penis whale is the same as sri, so no difference, but hey if its sound ur after, by all means do it.... cai is the only way to go if wanting bit more power... btw, any intake system on d-series u will loose power an torque down low rpm, sri or cai
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    as strange as it sounds - i think i lost a little too much power when i swapped mine over

sure - the SRI was getting too much heat soak from the radiator - and my Fujita system has cold air straight from the front bumper

but the car just doesnt have as much top end as it used to - alot better throttle response with the CAI - i got much better response from my B18c when i upgraded to Fujita kit

out of all the intakes i have tested the bes 'all rounder' is still the Simota whale style intake

Quote Originally Posted by JSpec89 View Post
    i currently run a SRI, whale penis. and the crossover is a little noticable.

im running a full aftermarket exhaust but with stock muffler.

will running a CAI make the crossover more louder. will it change the way the car sounds???

also, do you guys have any suggestions on a cheap but decent CAI setup.

INJEN is 400. any other ones cheaper?ebay kits good? no good??

thanks.
    1. if ur after sound u've got the loudest intake u can get for ur car on a budget
    2. whats the point of running a full aftermarket exhaust with a stock muffler? :S just restricts at the end again
    3. i dont know whats the difference between cai brand, its just a long pipe with a pod that enables more air flow, and you'd probably not feel a thing cause ur cars slow to begin with and is fairly stock with a restricted exhaust

i personally never felt any difference when putting a SRI or CAI in lol

its all in your mind you put the intake in "oh i think i can slighty feel bigger in high rpm"
    Last edited by MWAKU; 03-10-2010 at 01:00 AM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    its all in your mind you put the intake in "oh i think i can slighty feel bigger in high rpm"
    nah its just ur bodies G-force meter is broken mwaku - go ask God for a new one lol

i noticed a huge difference between stock intake + apexi pod > Fujita CAI system on my Dc2

but only a slight difference on my EG8

but i can definatly feel the cars response and power come in from different RPM ranges with different intake setups

also always make sure you reset the ECU and idle for 10min after u change one over...

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    im with ya there saint.
    i had a HKS super power flow sponge filter for my automatic d15b for the the fun of it as i got it for free
    it did sound alot better, way better than the stock sound, the crossover pull wasnt noticeable but the crossover noise became a load noticable (i have a very acute hearing)

but lets put it way op, at best your sohc vtec n/a will sound like this (i know you dont have these mods etc. etc.)

where as your trying to achieve this with a sohc vtec

obviosuly wont happen.

as lukey said - vtec is overated. it has become a boys toy when their on their p's because p plates cant drive turbo
    in a idodic street racing scene it has like become the new ''dosing'' imo. being a trafficlight hero so the world can hear the vtak kikin in n shiz, but really, its nothing lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    hrm - vtec is still a really cool tech - and nothing brings the fond memories back like a good B series crossover

but i think iv grown up and out of that - as i prefer the sound of that JDM D15 =D

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    hrm - vtec is still a really cool tech - and nothing brings the fond memories back like a good B series crossover

but i think iv grown up and out of that - as i prefer the sound of that JDM D15 =D
    Yeh sounded way better. The b16 crossover is to loud and kinda ruins it. Smooth growl, gets louder then all of a sudden screams. Its not a gradual nice note like the d15.

I just got the dc2r intake arm, custom made pvc bend and a k&n pod. Pretty cheap system except for the pod (whole setup costed $130), but hey it'll last forever if you maintain it. Plan on making a cai setup for summer coming up and using the sri system in the winter Best of both worlds then.
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 03-10-2010 at 11:36 AM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    Place a massive megaphone near the intake.
    i don't think i've seen any worthwhile/non-smartass posts from you lol