Newcomer Array
    Car:
    White '99 EM1

Lowering my EM1 **need clarification**

I'm getting many mixed responses from alot of people on what i should do to lower my car.

I'm not too fussed on handling cuz i'm not tracking this car. Just want to lower it to a nice height.
    My plan is to get king spring lows, 2.25" at front and 2" at rear on the stock shocks.
    costing me around $450-$550

the stock shocks will be compressed all the time, but is it really an issue?
    BIZ| SELLING MY EM1!!! LINK BELOW!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    lows is only 1-1.5", so i think your after superlows. Lows is a waste of money, youll barely notice the drop.

stock shocks will get worn out quicker and eventually make the car handle like crap.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    White '99 EM1
    ah thx for that info. yeh i was thinking the eibach pro kit but that's only a 1.5" drop too..
    so the super lows?
    im not fussed about the handling too much atm. i will most likely get coilovers in a year
    BIZ| SELLING MY EM1!!! LINK BELOW!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    well you dont plan on tracking your car so just get the cheapest option for now but personally id just save up for coilovers. Youll save more time and money in the long run, plus much better handling.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

When i first lowered my EM1 I got King super lows with Koni shocks. the king super lows drop it pretty low. but i reckon if you get just the lows, you will be dissapointed. but yes with stock shocks they prob won't last and it will ride terribly. But i have seen it done, and last, so if you wanna go cheap, do it and see how it go's.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

ive got same issue,,,,,same situation now

if ure planning on getting coilovers in the future, dont bother buying springs. just wait until u have the money and buy the coilover.. do it right the first time plus u save money

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I've got some Buddyclub N+ being freighted to me atm... My car currently runs Apex springs with Koni yellows on the front and OEM shocks on the rear. The fronts are very low ie no finger gap and the rears sit with 1 finger. Good for looks and handle surprisingly compliant despite being so low. I'm actually getting the coilovers to raise the fronts a bit to level it out. I was going to get springs but I guess with that you can't fine tune height and dampening. Coilovers are the way to go.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    you just have to realise that in the near future, you're probably going to be forking out more money for some new shocks which in the end will probably cost a similar amount as some decent coilovers