Civic overheating

Hey guys just driving normally, then I turn the AC I noticed the car started overheating so I stopped pulled over. Opened the bonnet I smelt coolant but couldnt find leak anywhere also none of the 2 fans are running I'm guessing the fans are the problem it's overheating ?

Anyone know cause of this ?

Car is 96 Civic Coupe

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Coolant smell probably comming from inside the radiator, hows the water levels, has it gone down?

I remember I had smilular issue on our old holden vectra, the fans wern't working and it over heated. Problem was fixed by just plugging the fan wire into some relay.

Just try to look search the wires for the fans, see if its all connected and all, give it some electrical spray to clean it up. Should be good .

Good luck,

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    check if the fan relays are grounded, if not then the fans wont work.
    OEM parts whore

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    as above, you may have an issue with your fans not working... although it doesnt make sense that it heats up when you turn the aircon on as that should set the aricon fan on.

In any case, do yu know if your fan come on?

sit the car on idle and check if they come on when the motor heats up
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    as above, you may have an issue with your fans not working... although it doesnt make sense that it heats up when you turn the aircon on as that should set the aricon fan on.

In any case, do yu know if your fan come on?

sit the car on idle and check if they come on when the motor heats up
    Nope fans dont work at all ! Guess I would need to get them replaced but why all of the sudden the fan just die out like that

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Premature Vtec View Post
    Nope fans dont work at all ! Guess I would need to get them replaced but why all of the sudden the fan just die out like that
    test the fans before you replace them. could be temp sensor or relay

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    yeah its overheating because the a/c fan isnt coming on and the extra load from the a/c is causing the overheat. Get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it, as markismaximus said it can be the fan or a relay etc etc
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    here is another thread regarding overheating issues, will give you an idea of things to check off:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...diator-options