Cd5 climate control & aircon problems

My car is a 1995 Accord VTI-S with climate control panel, in the cold days (like recent months), It wouldn't start up when i start the car in the morning, i press all the button nothing happens. It'll come up after 5 min or so after I start driving and everything works like a charm. Anyone knows what the problem is? In a hot afternoon it is all good come up as soon as i start the car(sometimes a minute later but that's it). It's freaking cold in the morning now days I was practically shaking before the climate control starts working....

Another problem is my AC doens't work, well it does kinda, for the first 5-10 min it will below cold air and after that only hot/warm air comes out, I believe it may be a tx valve problem, anyone has any idea how much it will cost to fix it??

my car has the similar problem like yours last time, cold air only first few mins then hot air. i got a spare climate control panel laying around so i replace that and its all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by CraterTycho View Post
    my car has the similar problem like yours last time, cold air only first few mins then hot air. i got a spare climate control panel laying around so i replace that and its all good now.
    My repairer told me it's more likely to be a tx valve stuck now i am confused. Do you have any idea how to get a replacement climate control panel and how much it will cost? thx

wreckers maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by CraterTycho View Post
    To be clear, the climate control is NOT mulfunctional, except it won't 'wake up' the first thing under cold weather, all controls are ok, mode change, air blow level etc, cold air only first few mins then hot air only happens when I turn on the AC. Is it same as yours CraterTycho?

Thank you so much for reply

yea mine wasnt malfunction either,works perfectly just that it blows hot air after turning on AC for like 20 mins or so. just that i got no time to send the car for a check and i happened to have a spare unit then i just replace it.
    and it works lol... i got mine from a wrecker when i was back in my homecountry. im not 100% sure if unit replacement will work for you or not but since u have already spoken to the pro then might as well follofw his advise?

my original post elsewhere:
    http://ozaccord.com/showthread.php?t=456

Thanks CraterTycho, I finally get it done, bought a 2nd hand climate control unit on ebay and installed it myself, the aircon still stop belowing cold air after 20-30mins, but I have to change the climate control anyway so make no harm of trying this first.

I took it to my mechanic and was told the t/x valve is malfunction, get it changed , regas, now all seems ok, will do "long-term test" when the summer finally come