Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    bisimoto is a good choice. if you really want to maximise your bang per buck build, email or ring him yourself, he can help you choose the best setup for your car to make good power with minimal amount of money spent. if i remember correctly, back when he was in his noob days, he built a 12 second d with less than $3000.

oh and stage 2 can be run fairly well without tuning, but if you plan to keep the valvetrain factory, stick with stage 1.

im running a stage 2 bisimoto cam in my d15b4 semi-quad carby setup, its bloody brilliant having a powerband from 3500-7500rpm.

oh and if you're building the motor yourself, head to www.fjdistributors.com. they can sell you a high comp bottom end rebuild for $350 shipped. then if you mill the head approximately 1mm and deck the block similarly, you can get the compression ratio up to 13s. you may need to fidget around a bit with the afc neo to get it running well, as well as play around with ignition timing, but aside from that, looking to be a strong build.

oh and yeah, bumping myself but contact bisimoto before spending craploads of money. apparently he has a combo package for the d series that can see upwards of 200whp.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

.... i am just a D eg civic owner and i am also a uni student ...

i didntt have much money ... so i spent around 2500 for the mods like this

4 - 2-1 header , excedy light weight fly wheel, Lv 1 clutch, 14' enkei wheels plus

BS RE001 X 4 , front stXXX bar [forgive my poor eng.], head light , tail light , EG6 meter

.... hondestly , plus the car value , i spent almost 10000 $ ... which I can buy a B16 eg

already in some state .... but thats my D ! i did all the DIY by myself and learned a

lot ! and it is a FUN car, I will say ~

is it fast ??? ... i will say... NO ! but it is a good and reliable engine , it can run 6.5 – 8L

petrol for 100KM ~ what else do u want for a D engine ? B and K is not everything ~

if you got the skills , there are no big different between a B16 and D16 !

... one thing that i have to say !!! as i know there are no any 4.4 - 4.7 final gear

for D in AU or in US .... but you can buy it from Hong Kong, thats will be the best for

achieve the max acceleration .. the price should be 300 - 400

just one more question.... what will be the cam that i should buy if i want the cheapest and better KW gain ~?? how much for that included the shipping ??

also , which one is the best if i dont want to change the valve spring and so on ???

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    bump...

least aggressive cam if u dont want to change valve spring... but then u don't get the dollar to kw gain. coz most of the cams are the same price regardless of what stage cam it is.

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    talk to bisimoto, i think he has a d series stage 2.2 regrind that is safe to run on factory valvetrain.

for a d series 4.7 final drive, head to www.onecamonly.com. i think their sponsor 'speedfactory' have a special on them.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    dude i say go for it heck i drive a twin carb eg and it still makes me smile..im just waiting til i get richer and bamm sti here i come lollzz
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    i know the mods wont make it much faster, but a little faster than stock, stock form i can keep up with commo's, falcons, etc. I just want something simple thatll scare a few of the v6 boys...
    i can keep up with a stock vl on my eg4 lolz
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1-Facelifted
    Hey guys, how's the progress on the d16y4? I'm planning on getting an ek sedan, and I was wondering what gains you'd get from the mods described above? Can you definitely feel the difference or is there no point in doing N/A mods and jsut to the FI route?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    if u want a good gearbox for the D in australia - get a S20 B000 - its the only box that will guarantee short gear ratios and FD

the VTI coupe (D16y8) NOT SEDAN (D16y5) will have nice ratio as well ... but its hard to tell the y8 and y5 box's apart because they are both stamped S40 B000
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680