Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    93 EG Si
    matching up the power will be fine. you say 300W each, then get the pioneer GMD8500 mono bloc.
    pretty sure it comes with a remote bass controller (depends where you get it from)
    might set you back about $400
    that'll crank out 600W RMS at 2OHM

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvtec View Post
    in my opinion i woudnt buy either especially not cadence, since ure subs are 300rms each go for an amp with 800rms and higher, in my old setup i had a JL audio 400rms 12" sub running off a 1000rms response amp and all that extra power from the amp did help alot.
    thats odd, people who have heard my system would tell you differently.

im running about 150wrms into a 10inch and it pretty much shakes the car. they know its a 10inch but cant believe its doing what its doing

edit: btw, i play real music through it too not bass discs

edit again: its not ported either
    Last edited by ICACHA; 28-09-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    http://www.optionaudio.com.au/amplifiers_oax801.php i got one of those i got one for $280 on special i think there about 350ish

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 [vte-33c], S2000 AP1
    is option audio any good?

apparently they are a no name brand?

Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    http://www.optionaudio.com.au/amplifiers_oax801.php i got one of those i got one for $280 on special i think there about 350ish

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    like most things they are made in china.

are these subs going into an S2000? if so, good luck with the thing sounding any good with any amp.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by adu View Post
    is option audio any good?

apparently they are a no name brand?
    option audio has nice subs. amps well ive only ever experienced 1 and its maddddddd but like .. kickers mad to .. but look at there speakers? there not the best lol.

Every brand has there.. goods and bads.

invest a capacitor if you want to run both sub and you are using nomral heavy duty battery. Alpine will be able to pull both subs...but you will notice the engine is running on low power/headlight flashing...

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    ^^no, just no..

his budget is 250-300. after getting a basic cap that doesnt leave much for an amp.

batterys got nothing to do with anything.

alpine, will be able to 'PULL' both subs?

he wont have problems with low voltage or headlight/dashlight flashing if the electrical system is up to scratch with adequate power & grounding. if the electrical system isnt in top-notch condition already then a cap will just strain it some more.

did i just get trolled?
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

u only need a capacitor if u have more than 2 amps if their very powerful.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's
    mate you need to see if the subs are dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm if they are dual 2ohm then monoblock is your best option but lsvtec is dead right you need more power the response amp hes talking about the big mono they do is suitable for both dual 2 or dual 4 being that its 1 ohm stable it would definately be the best bang for your buck.

my advise buy the jay car response mono it covers you either way.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's
    a cap is a waste of time for most systems there only good for adding weight to the vehicle there are plenty of things that need to be looked at before a cap is added to the mix most people install caps because there friend saw one in somebody elses car and said they look cool but for the most part can do more harm then good

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Vtec
    A cap is like a band aid, it's just covers the problem. If your running equipment that draws high Amps, maybe invest in a second battery in the boot (optima etc...). Also do the BIG 3 upgrade, By earthing the battery and chassis with 0 guage wire and adding 0 gauge wire from the alt to the postive on the battery. This should ensure you won't drop below the 12V mark and also eliminate headlight dimming al together.

Also look outside the square, with brands like DD,Morel,hertz,sound digital, setetsom, MM, atomic. All these brands make really top notch amps and subs. If your gonna buy a system. Spend the money now and then you wont feel the need to upgrade when you feel your cheap set up isn't loud enough.

We have all been there before. Iv'e spent close to what a new getz cost on my system and im not regretting anything.

Also make sure you use the correct guage wire in your install and don't cut corners cause that is when fires start and you can void your insurence