Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

yes another what car next thread...lol

Is it worth these days trading in civics for skylines as such nowadays? im getting off my p;s in a month, an im contemplated in doin so, not just for power, but a good starting base to mod....as opposed to a bog stock ej8, i have few more things to do on my car, clutch, sway bar, but other than that, is it worth it?

If not ill keep modding it till its stripped out race car..... or till i get bored of it, either way
    Got a list of things to buy, but i figured ill give it a rest till i sort out what to do

Iev driven a few imports, 180sx an silvia S15, an i gotta say, the chassis is soooo much sorted out than civic (excluding type-R's), ofcourse its two different cars im talkin about, but just the feeling behind a S-chassis car is fantastic
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    doesn't hurt to try other cars, if you don't like it, you can always come back to honda's.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    wrx is a sensible upgrade from honda, you get the best of both the handling and the power
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    if you can afford the insurance why not, mix it up

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    if you can afford the insurance why not, mix it up
    exactly. i do think you'll get bored of the civic quicker than any of the cars you are talking about. unless you're rich. because you'll be like "i'm spending so much money and it's faster than 180sx's and silvia's" as opposed to "i'm spending so much money and my car is a fcking rocket."

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    iev over spent on my car to be honest, lol, originally it was meant to be kept stock, but i couldnt stand the stock look, an the modding bug bit... rich, no, just save the penny every now an than really... cant really justify spending a lot now, considering that i could put that money into other things now

was considering a evo 6, but still too much at this stage, so maybe looking at wrx at this stage
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    buy xntrik's car. that k20 dc2r. i would. i can't . you won't get bored for a while, if you do, turbo or supercharge it. i don't think there's any supercharged k20a dc2rs running around .

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    at the end of the day it comes down to what you want out of a car. No matter what car you own there is always going to be one faster than yours. Its alot easier to make power with a turbo of course but turbos bring more expense with insurance etc. I love Hondas because for what they are they are just awsome. They are a well balanced overall package. Ive spent a bit on my EM1 and Ive decided to keep it for a while yet, I own the car so I believe this is the smart thing to do. Its never going to be the fastest thing on land but I love it and its a fun little car to drive that gets plenty of compliments Also it doesnt cost me a bucket load of cash for insurance and fuel. Easy to maintain and of course it has that Honda Reliability that I need.
    180sx, r32,r33 skylines are to old IMO and far to common, they are like bumholes ffs everybody has one. They have all had a million different owners and been modified and molested by each one. The only nissan I like is the S15 however I still wouldnt buy one simply because its a Nissan lol
    WRX well yeah I dont mind them but they are also far to common for my liking and there seems to be a increasing number of bogans driving them up here in Brisbane lately.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Get an EVO 1 for like $10g. Awesome car

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Are you willing to fork out for insu? Don't forget that. Anyone can buy a turbo ricecar, but not everyone can afford to run/maintain it...

and if u go 3rd party, you'd better be extremely careful

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Get an EVO 1 for like $10g. Awesome car
    evo 1's are pure awesum absolute sex
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    after few days of thinking, considered holding out till i get full time job, in next couple yrs, just till i get my on my feet financially, since still studying atm, so makes sense to wait till the day is right, cheers guys
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC