Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Vsa ! Lights always on due to rear tyre size larger than front?

My cars currently at the mechanics due to my vsa and "!" Lights always being on. They hooked up their computers and say that there is a log history where the vsa has cut out. The mechanic cleared the codes then takes it for a drive and when he starts to go over 15~20 kms/hr the lights turn on again. he says the computer recognises an 8km/hr or so speed difference between the front and rear tyres therefore the vsa isn't working. He told me he can just take the bulbs out for it which I think is just a dodgy fix. Anyone else having this problem? And still has there vsa working fine? I know rear tyres cannot be bigger than the fronts just wanna know If there is a work around

Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    He told me he can just take the bulbs out for it which I think is just a dodgy fix.
    what a joke, they should find out the root cause rather than masking the fault!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Yeah I think he is just blaming the tyre sizes, I'm going to take it to a proper autoelectrician.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    did u try to reset the ECU ? LOL take out the bulbs haha funny kent !

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    reset the ECU? lol i wouldn't know where to start with that.
    I went to an autoelectrician for another opinion and he said it sounds like an output signal problem from the cluster, whatever that is. Also the VSA light should usually come on when speeds reach 110km/hr or so not 15-20. So he thinks its another problem causing it to come on. Either way, my mechanic said he knows this dude that works at a honda dealer in syd that is going to send him info on the VSA system so he can look into it a bit more

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    vsa comes on when you loose traction

your sensor is faulty or gone

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Same thing happened to me after I went on the dyno . It's not just the light that isn't on, you actually won't have VSA or Traction control.

What is the rolling diameter difference between your front and rear wheels?

VSA, Traction Control and ABS relies on individual wheel speed information to work. It is inherent in the design of the system, the computer constantly measures speed differential between all 4 wheels. If the computer CONSISTENTLY measures a speed differential because you have different sized wheels/tyres front from rear, then it throws a code and lights up the VSA light. You can't bypass this without disable the VSA, traction control and ABS.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Your sensors are fine... why don't you just drive with VSA turned off?
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE