Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1

Upgrade sway bar with subfram problem for em1?? Help!!

hey guys i got an OBX-R subframe same set up as a ASR with an 22mm sway bar it was a tight fit but i manage to fit it in my em1 the problem is now that when i drive over bumps theres sounds coming from the sway bar or the whole rear end like the sound when you jump on your mattress, any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it? thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Are you talking about a squeaking sound?
    Did you grease up the rubber bushings?
    Mine are doing the same. It squeaks and what not. Cant be bothered fixing it as yet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yes my mate who help me installed it saying it rubber thats around the sway bar is pretty tight so it making the noise, going to buy grease or crc spray n lube it up tomorrow see how it goes.
    mind you the bolt supplied was so s**t it was so tight fit it snapped on me twice being twisted . i got new bolts but still tight fit hope it dont snap again.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    ur suppose to grease the bushes when u put on the swaybar that should stop the squeaks.

also with the bolts make sure they are high tensile
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    hey guys thanks for the replies, problem solve! i went out to buy castol HTB grease and took it off and grease it all the rubbers and boom! it all quiet now.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    hey mate, you should probably clean off that HTB grease and get some PBR Rubber grease, because as far as i know the HTB grease is petrolium based which will eat away at your bushes over time
    Do you have VTEC?