Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic

anyone used a top fuel power chamber intake syetem? (not the whale penis type)

just wondering how the top fuel power chamber intakes go against the simota whale penis?

and before say use the search button, ive been searching for the last 20 mins but cnt really find anything about this intake system.....

thinking of swapping my whale penis for a power chamber(getting it at a really good price)... its for a
    B20/b16 franky currently running the whale penis with a cold air feed.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra VTi-R
    I got this intake in my car B18C2, its a good intake, but really doubt there will be much difference felt if you changed, if your getting it cheap as go for it, will look better but performance difference will be minuscule. That's what i reckon any ways, but I'm no expert.
    **If I have helped you out please feel free to give PQ (post quality point), cheers**

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    thanks for the info, im getting it tuned next thursday nd the tuner im using and also anoth reputble tuner has said i will get more power running a diffrent intake from what im running now. (simota whale penis)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    thats strange because i know a guy that dynoed a B16a2 and JDM K20r with a whole pile of CAI and SRI to find out which one to use on the track and the whale penis came up the best on both engines

(yes he made a L peice so that the whale penis would bolt on to the K20 - and still got better gains than other kits)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    thats strange because i know a guy that dynoed a B16a2 and JDM K20r with a whole pile of CAI and SRI to find out which one to use on the track and the whale penis came up the best on both engines

(yes he made a L peice so that the whale penis would bolt on to the K20 - and still got better gains than other kits)
    got a link to his results?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    ill see if i can track it down
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post

SRI with or without some sort of heat shield and/or cold air feed?

So...you're saying whale penis made more power (or generally better results) than a CAI?

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    im keen 2 see these results, as im getting my car tuned next thursday and im wondering if i should change the intake.. i have a cold air feed atm, but need 2 make up a heat shield for it

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    whale penis doesn't gain for all engines. mainly jst for the induction noise
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought