Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ahh enough shit talk about commy drivers, don't go down to their level.

for certain, they make more power and have better driveability in general. Japanese cars are 'crap' because they have no low end torque and have the impression that u have to kick the shit out of htem to overtake at the lights. and it's kinda true. You might have a high peak power but if 80% of the rev range is spent at less than 80% of it's max power, what's the use? That's typical of a NA, I4..

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    first of all, race isnt a racist term.

rice = race inspired cosmetic enhancements

i call sexspec cars ricers, oh and cant forget all the people with there ricer lights (HIDs) for cars that arent designed for them
    how can u call sexspec rice? sexspec is dumped on big ass chromies...opposite of rice which is meant to look fast but isnt

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    holdens are mad fun to drive especially in the rain

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by SajadEG View Post
    how can u call sexspec rice? sexspec is dumped on big ass chromies...opposite of rice which is meant to look fast but isnt
    cos i can, or how about i start saying jdm yo cars ricers. = 98% of ozhonda are ricers

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996_EK_Civic View Post
    haha! will do if needed lol,
    It just really annoys me that he thinks that any Jap Car is shit...
    Lol man get over it, that's just juvenile getting butthurt over shit like that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    cos i can, or how about i start saying jdm yo cars ricers. = 98% of ozhonda are ricers
    i must be in that 2% lol

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    yeh mate cos big sound systems, big chrome, custom paint and leather interior is race inspired aye?

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    vtec yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    HOW do you make your writing that big!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    Where did the "VTEC YO" comment originate from?

Why is Honda always associated as a 'ricer' car more than the other jap/asian brands?

And why do people think that Honda owners think VTEC is the fastest thing ever, i doubt majority think this yet the perception is there.

No idea where 'VTEC YO' came from but it wasn't F&F no. 1.

As for Honda being associated with 'rice' and the owners being called 'ricers' that just BS. The same way we sometimes give muscle car owners crapola about having small dicks. IMO a real motoring enthusiast will like all cars for what they are.
    To me, 'rice' is an overly extravagant style of exterior modification, with huge spoilers, exhaust tips and body kits etc. Then you get the 'Sexpec' and 'JDM' styles - it's up to you what you choose.
    And finally I think we're probably known as ricers more than other Jap cars because we're more common? Maybe Hondas are just cheaper, more reliable, better looking or more fun to own? Or maybe they're generally not as fast as the turbo skylines and WRX's etc so they cop more crap?

As for VTEC I don't think we believe it's the fastest thing ever. However it was a sensational piece of engineering and the first of many variations (VVTi, Mivec etc have all mostly copied VTEC).
    It allows the engine to run in a smooth, reliable and fuel efficient manner and when VTEC engages the engine can utilise a lumpy camshaft profile, producing more power, which would otherwise cause a 'lopey' idle and be less economical on fuel if it were the standard camshaft profile.
    Plus it sounds sick.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Hmm ..

well I understand why all Jap cars are called rice

but they MUST understand the difference between RICERS and TUNERS.

I dont consider myself as R.I.C.E, since I do have intentions of engine converting, or even boosting my d-series just doing the cosmetics first since im still a p-plater

but hey, when you guys really think about it, if we have haters, then we are doing something right aren't we? lol

if you guys get offended .. IF yous do .. lol then be the bigger man, smile and let them make a fool out of themselves by ignoring them

lol wow, lecture on ozhonda .. awsome
    "HONDA = Hold On Not Done Accelerating."

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    No idea where 'VTEC YO' came from but it wasn't F&F no. 1.

As for Honda being associated with 'rice' and the owners being called 'ricers' that just BS. The same way we sometimes give muscle car owners crapola about having small dicks. IMO a real motoring enthusiast will like all cars for what they are.
    To me, 'rice' is an overly extravagant style of exterior modification, with huge spoilers, exhaust tips and body kits etc. Then you get the 'Sexpec' and 'JDM' styles - it's up to you what you choose.
    And finally I think we're probably known as ricers more than other Jap cars because we're more common? Maybe Hondas are just cheaper, more reliable, better looking or more fun to own? Or maybe they're generally not as fast as the turbo skylines and WRX's etc so they cop more crap?

As for VTEC I don't think we believe it's the fastest thing ever. However it was a sensational piece of engineering and the first of many variations (VVTi, Mivec etc have all mostly copied VTEC).
    It allows the engine to run in a smooth, reliable and fuel efficient manner and when VTEC engages the engine can utilise a lumpy camshaft profile, producing more power, which would otherwise cause a 'lopey' idle and be less economical on fuel if it were the standard camshaft profile.
    Plus it sounds sick.
    well said Dougie, I dont know about Honda's being more common and cheaper though. Skylines, WRX's etc etc are everywhere nowdays.