Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Vtec

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    well said Dougie, I dont know about Honda's being more common and cheaper though. Skylines, WRX's etc etc are everywhere nowdays.

True actually. Skylines are the new commodore and I can sort of understand why.

A good friend of mine just bought an R33 GTST (the 2.5L turbo no the RB26 though) for $9,200. Sweet car, hate to say it lol. Pearl white, body kit, 116k KMs, and it goes pretty damned hard from 3k RPM upwards. Very comfortable and easy to drive also...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    There a few meanings on urban dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1513712

Here is one that caught my eye:

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.
    "Yo dog, did you see the Civic that guy was rollin' in? it was so rice."

"This guy's got nothin' under the hood, it's just rice. Smoke him."

"What a riceboy, I bet he thinks his neon adds 50 bhp!"

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    There a few meanings on urban dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1513712

Here is one that caught my eye:

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.
    "Yo dog, did you see the Civic that guy was rollin' in? it was so rice."

"This guy's got nothin' under the hood, it's just rice. Smoke him."

"What a riceboy, I bet he thinks his neon adds 50 bhp!"

Bahaha. On the money IMO. I like that...Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements...

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    well said Dougie, I dont know about Honda's being more common and cheaper though. Skylines, WRX's etc etc are everywhere nowdays.
    On my way to and from uni everyday I see so many WRX's its not even funny. R33 skylines are very common too though. Hardly ever see Integra's, Preludes, CRX's etc in comparison. As I get off my p's this week I've been searching WRX's on carsales and a lot of them seem to be cheaper than dc2r's, must have something to do with how common they are? Was surprised with how lame their engine bay looks aswell.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I want a wrx too, but i can't afford to insu it.. Do you intend on comprehensive insu?/

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    only wrx id settle for is the sti hatch, but after driving my sister's liberty afew times dont like the gearbox compared to an evo's box felt easier to put into gear.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    yeah subaru gear boxes are weak as gotta be careful slapping gears cos they can f*** the gear box

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    think after all these years subaru shouldve revised the gearbox and strengthened it for its sti range =/
    SPAM|WERKS

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by act_gooner View Post
    On my way to and from uni everyday I see so many WRX's its not even funny. R33 skylines are very common too though. Hardly ever see Integra's, Preludes, CRX's etc in comparison. As I get off my p's this week I've been searching WRX's on carsales and a lot of them seem to be cheaper than dc2r's, must have something to do with how common they are? Was surprised with how lame their engine bay looks aswell.
    THe only EM1 I ever see is my own

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Don't see a great lot of DC2's either
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    see way to many ep3s now..
    SPAM|WERKS

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Personally I enjoy seeing other Honda enthusiasts on the road, especially when it's a Gen2 CRX. I often cruise with them when we're going the same way - it's a neutral understanding and appreciation of one another. Good opportunity to pull alongside and exchange an 'upside down nod' if you know what I mean