Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    No surprises that on a Honda forum, most of us put on those rose coloured glasses and declare the Integra to be the faster car.

Unfortunately, I don't think rose coloured glasses are very clear to see through!

Let's specifically answer the question - which is quicker, a stock Type R or a stock 1999 WRX?

If you mean quicker in a straight line, assuming all things are equal (equal driver skill, equal good launch, both cars in stock and good mechanical condition, tested on same day in same conditions etc), a WRX should almost always out accelerate a Type R in a 0-100klm/h race.

Big revs, dump the clutch and the WRX will shoot off the line, leaving the Type R behind.

1999 WRXs are consistently rated in the low 6 second and even high 5 second range for the 0-100 dash. Stock Type Rs are not.

If you mean quicker as in quicker through the corners on the circuit, well, the Type R will reverse a lot of the deficit with its light weight and less under steering handling.

However, when most people ask which car is quicker, they usually mean in a straight line. I'm afraid to say that the WRX gets the nod here.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_scriber View Post
    No surprises that on a Honda forum, most of us put on those rose coloured glasses and declare the Integra to be the faster car.

Unfortunately, I don't think rose coloured glasses are very clear to see through!.
    Did you even read other peoples post?

Mostly everyone is stating that the WRX will beat the ITR in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wez_R View Post
    Did you even read other peoples post?

Mostly everyone is stating that the WRX will beat the ITR in a straight line.
    I sure did!

"DC2r will catch it as soon as Vtec kicks in"

"my b18c5 eh didnt have a problem racing a 99wrx off the line"

"0-100 times for both Integra and WRX are roughly the same"

"in reality the dc2r will keep up if not beat in a straight line"

"they are the same stock"

"Stock for stock, Dc2R is an easy pick"

Maybe we've been reading different threads?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I sure did!

lol i must have mis read your post i was drinking last night i read over it twice and still couldnt get it haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    I sure did!

Fkn awesome reply!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    having owned a my98 wrx and driven numourous dc2 type r's before i brought my wrx i would have to say the wrx would beat the type r everytime.. only time the type r would keep up is on the track around corners!

my wrx ended up with a 160+kw at wheels and was an absolutely bitch to drive under 3k as there was nothing at all(vf-23 & 14psi boost helps that) and after a while the gear box's stuff up :-(

I now drive a dc5 type S and my mates 98 wrx launch's but then i catch him as soon as i hit vtec in second... (but thats comparing 2 different cars as to what was stated in opening post)
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Like I've said before, you can't say one's faster than the other. Stock for stock, they are the same 0-100. Only problem is, there are no stock 99 GC8s around anymore, so I bet all you guys that say GC8 is quicker are talking about modified GC8s..
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 08-11-2010 at 09:17 AM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

The dude with the awesome reply claims that a stock WRX can do high 5s? Absolutely absurd...

His prob gonna say it's some Jap spec version and then the fan boys will start talking about their JDM Type Rs, this is never gonna end!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    The dude with the awesome reply claims that a stock WRX can do high 5s? Absolutely absurd...

His prob gonna say it's some Jap spec version and then the fan boys will start talking about their JDM Type Rs, this is never gonna end!
    lol this is true^

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post

Yes, I have to agree with you completely NightKids.

Wheels, Motor, Drive and Autospeed are all absurd publications.

How dare they test an Aussie spec MY99 WRX and prove us (actually, you) wrong:

"The cars comprised a bog standard MY99 WRX with 14,000km on the clock. Our best 0-100 km/h time for the standard car was 5.71 secs."

"Wheels have recorded a 5.8 sec 0-100 in the MY98. Motor rate the MY99 at 5.91".

"Note the standard MY98 runs a turbo pressure of 12.76 psi (0.88 Bar) whilst the MY99 standard boost is set to 13.6 psi or 0.94 Bar. Also of interest is that Wheels normally test with a full tank and single passenger aboard, while Motor tests with half a tank and only the driver aboard. This extra weight does make a difference!"

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_0396/printArticle.html

"The WRX gets annual upgrades to its specification and the latest takes it to model year 1999, from which it gets its MY99 designation. Anything more than a semi-serious squirt of the throttle pins the driver back in the seat and leaves other cars behind. Find another car costing less than $100,000 that will accelerate to 100kmh in less than six seconds and you're doing well."

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/used-...824-13ng8.html

Absolutely absurd - I agree!
    Last edited by cyber_scriber; 08-11-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Relax man I was just being sarcastic, now you know what it feels like to have a taste of your own medicine... lol

lolol its funny how you guys sayif the wrx didnt hit turbo then it would be gutless, well thats the same as vtec LOL

type r handles better, yeah like u are going to turn that fast on the street anywais
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !