Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTi
    thanks for the inputs guys

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    dude...its a bit frustrating actually that not many mods can be done as yet in terms of engine performance. When i bought the civic in aug 2006..it was still new..didnt know nuts abt the R18 engine then

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The info for the R18a was out on world.honda.com for a few months before that. They even made a long video showing how it became more fuel efficient.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    date joined Ozhonda: Sept 06

was too late by then..car was booked on Aug.hahah
    well ive come to terms with its performace now..

In all honesty tho, doesn't the R18A have enough performance for a daily driver? You know, ok take off acceleration, ok with overtaking on the highway? I haven't received mine yet (C'mon Tailand.. how long do I have to complain for), but I'm hoping it'll be better than what most (especially yanks) reckon the R18a is. I'm not expecting anything great for track... or any VTEC yo... just a decent daily driver with more power than a excel for goodness sake. I know last gen corolla was a bit sluggish (1.8 ltr 100kw i think), does the FD1 perform better than that? I hope so... as the impression I got is that the R18a has more than average torque for a 1.8. Once again nothing spectacular... but better than average.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    maybe its just in my head but i think it has good acceleration i find it easy to weave through traffic...WEAVE..WEAVE!!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's good enough for daily driving because all that requires is partial throttle. You can have an F430 Ferrari driving around with partial throttle in traffic and the VTI is still faster than that at full throttle. If you don't need full throttle acceleration (which is 99&#37; of the time unless you like paying speeding fines), the R18a is great.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    get it in manual, and it has plenty of grunt

auto, then it will feel slugish
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    get it in manual, and it has plenty of grunt

auto, then it will feel slugish
    I test drove both and bought the auto. I don't think it feels 'slugish' at all.. Probably the best Auto available in the price range IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    sure its good, but an auto wont be as responsive or as powerful

the auto has more power loss and a torque converter, so more delay in response and slightly less power

sure it isnt much, which maybe the case with this civic, but with the model b4 it, ther was a massive difference
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    I've been driving mums CL9 auto for the past week and honestly my r18 manual feels better. I've been pleasantly surprised by my civic. As long as you don't expect fireworks, the car drives beautifully and is pretty efficient, even with my heavy foot

The civic is a good car considering its price too. 25k for a new car in auto with the fds feature is a decent price imo. Does the job and can enjoy driving with it too.