Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Euro View Post
    Bought my Euro new in Jan 2009. Came with Yokohama Decibel E70 tyres. Handled perfectly till a tyre rotation at 17000km. Then steered like a dog.
    Eventhough the manual probably recommends a rotation every 15000km or so, it is actually more important to do it sooner, about 6000-10000km because you need to do it before the tyre wears unevenly. Current cars tend to have more camber on one end, so it wears more unevenly.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    As above^^I reckon you need a good 4 wheel alignment.I had similar problems with my CL9.Once i found a place that can do a proper 4 wheel alignment these problems went away.Most tyre places are clueless when it comes to doing proper alignments.
    Yep. Lazer 4 wheel alignment FTW! I use Pedders when I can, they got all the good gear.
    btw, the alignment has always been out every time I've had it done on the Honda.....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    As above^^I reckon you need a good 4 wheel alignment.I had similar problems with my CL9.Once i found a place that can do a proper 4 wheel alignment these problems went away.Most tyre places are clueless when it comes to doing proper alignments.
    Let me add Tony that a wheel alignment is only as good as the machine & the person using it. Many of the latest wheel alignment machines are electronic & often need recalibrating. It is possible for the same operator to put the same car on 2 separate wheel alignment machines & get 2 different readings. That is 1 major problem we all face

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    I found at 34 psi the edges wear out Praja. Buddah and I do mostly highway speeds too, 36psi and even higher help save fuel at the higher speeds. Also why mine wore out so quickly as higher speeds mean lots of premature tyre wear. Seeing as 99% of those 30,000kms were done at 110km/h....
    Thought is the front tyres wear twice as quick as the rears, since they do all the work. Regular rotation is needed for regular wear.
    Thanks Matt,

Today when i fill my tank, i put the airpressure 36psi for all 4 tyres... but i feel the ride is firmer and feel like bumping more than when i was using in 34psi. May i need to get use to it.. Other than that when braking or accelerating i dont feel any difference at all

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Thanks Matt,

Today when i fill my tank, i put the airpressure 36psi for all 4 tyres... but i feel the ride is firmer and feel like bumping more than when i was using in 34psi. May i need to get use to it.. Other than that when braking or accelerating i dont feel any difference at all
    Just monitor your tyre wear, what works for me (different tyres) might not work for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Thanks Matt, Since my car is new, it still with the Yokohama Decibel 70 something.....You got same tyre with your base euro rite? I think with lux model it came with Michelin tyres...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yeah, I had the DB decibels. They were good and grippy (soft tread), but didn't last long.....

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    They cant be too soft a tread Matt, I believe yoko DB's come with 8.5mm tread depth when new. When I rotated Tyres @ 30,000km the lowest tread depth on any of my tyres was 6mm - so 2.5mm wear over 30,000 indicates a life expectancy of 60,000km +. I can live with that any time. Did you have alignment issues or uneven tread wear when you replaced yours @ 30k, or was the tread wear even on all tyres?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Nah, one of the rears was buggered. Too many high speed runs to Perth too....
    Cruise control and radar detectors are awesome inventions! (legal too before anyone has a sook...)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    where do u recommend alignment in Sydney?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    My OEM bridgestone (RE040?) on my CL-9 euro lux (225/45/17) were shredded on the inside (at the rear after about 25000km. I have rotated them from front to back once. And the rear were were very badly shredded by the time I had a puncture. I have since changed the front to RE001 and moved the half decent RE040 to the rear and it's almost 40,000km now without problems (after doing an alignment on a hunter (one of the best dynamic / thrust based) wheel align system).

In comparison, my 2002 CRV has been lucky, never done an aligntment and the OEM BF Goodrich has almost 80,000km (but due for a change in the next month of so).

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroZed View Post
    where do u recommend alignment in Sydney?
    Heasmans at Sydenham or Tubbys Tyres at Kirrawee.