Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: K24a3 dc5r

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Thats what I was thinking before. But my mechanic says its not neccessary. I should be picking it up today. See how it goes. Hope he knows his sh!t. Not saying you don't either. Just hoping I dont need one atm.
    You will be running way lean if you don't use K-pro, and also, another major problem without k-pro is that fact that you won't be able to start the car since your immobilizer won't be disabled.

Unless he is planning to use the Accord's ECU? make sure you check that its not a auto -ecu

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=630894

"Don't drive it until you get k-pro" + "you are gonna blow your motor"

I don't think that your mechanic is being responsible by advising that you can run the swap without k-pro/ ECU tuning, stock internals or not have nothing to do with your engine knocking up + blowing
    Last edited by iwkyb; 16-11-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    your mechanic is a douche bag, get a proper ecu or risk your motor, and you need proper fuel pressure to go thru or bang!
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Quote Originally Posted by iwkyb View Post
    You will be running way lean if you don't use K-pro, and also, another major problem without k-pro is that fact that you won't be able to start the car since your immobilizer won't be disabled.

Unless he is planning to use the Accord's ECU? make sure you check that its not a auto -ecu

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=630894

"Don't drive it until you get k-pro" + "you are gonna blow your motor"

I don't think that your mechanic is being responsible by advising that you can run the swap without k-pro/ ECU tuning, stock internals or not have nothing to do with your engine knocking up + blowing
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    your mechanic is a douche bag, get a proper ecu or risk your motor, and you need proper fuel pressure to go thru or bang!
    These guys have the right go. Wouldnt want to risk your new engine dude, or else your going to have more troubles and more $$.

And welcome btw lol

Quote Originally Posted by ekay1 View Post
    And welcome btw lol
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by ekay1 View Post
    These guys have the right go. Wouldnt want to risk your new engine dude, or else your going to have more troubles and more $$.
    Now Im paranoid. Ill go source one now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Integra
    Now Im paranoid. Ill go source one now.
    You will also need eng certificate if you want this swap to be legit since you are upping your displacement >20%

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, S15
    Holy crap makes me think twice now about my car driving in the rain, i drove it in the rain when it was really heavy, on elizabeth that was about it lucky i didnt run to any puddles =D
    K-Series sQuadron
    NA Squad

This will only ever happen with crazy wtf torrential rain with deep puddles on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    I dunoo how you can suck so much water if your driving normaly? if your revving your motor out on the other hand and you have no splash guards then i can see it happening

Member Array
    Car:
    Your mate
    There was crazy raining and deep puddles on the Hume Hwy, where my Injen CAI sucked up too much water, which lead to hydraulic lock, which resulted in my engine blowing up. I didnt even hear a bang. Raining too hard probably. I pushed my car to the side, on the highway. No one bothered to help but the deadsh!ts would honk as they drove past.
    My ****ing god, the EXACT same thing happen to me on the hume hwy aswell.. my thoughts were i had hydrolocked aswell but luckily i didn't suck up any water, i only rolled into the massive puddle .. Car died, towed it home and had someone look at it and it was fine. Scared the shit out of me. Goodluck with the build

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    I dunoo how you can suck so much water if your driving normaly? if your revving your motor out on the other hand and you have no splash guards then i can see it happening
    The puddles were pretty deep I guess. Approx ankle deep. I wasnt gunning it either. Just normal shifting before I get to 3K rpm. You'd had to have been there.