View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 57 of 419 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067107157 ... LastLast
    Tonight, I re-assembled my front splitter setup. Was in pieces. Not much more to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    So after all that trouble, turns out to be something simple... dangz

thought about a velocity stack to ur itbs? looks sooooo cool especially in anodized blue or purple
    Velocity stack? i'm not sure what you mean? any pics of a similar setup to what your thinking?

I Just run 4 foam UNI-filter Filters, one on each of the TB's, the filters have an internal cage that sits on the bell mouths of the ITBs, this way the filter doesn't collapse. looks and sounds awesome, performance probably not as good as some other setups probably (hot air etc) but I'm not keen on running them without filters or with the plenum, plenum takes away all that great sound

Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    ready for the track aye good luck did you remove sound deadning yet?
    Yeah sound deadening and carpet have all been removed from the inside :thumsbup:

Quote Originally Posted by BIGTYM View Post
    So good to see your EM1 again Mike especially in track form.. You tow it up to Winton??
    Yeah, I am borrowing one of my mates trailers, suc a pain that i have to tow it up there. But then at least I know I can get it home if something go's wrong, knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by 1996_EK_Civic View Post
    looks hot man.

should be getting some new headers for my EJ8 before Friday, WOOOO
    thanks mate. Hey, I swear I saw a civic exactly the same as the one in your avatar the other day, down near Chirnside in Vicco. but says you are from SA.

Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    looks good Mike, nice power from your EM1
    Thanks mate, can't wait to give it a good proper run. I still haven't driven it for more than 20m in first gear yet since i've had it back...

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    do you guys experience a 'noticeable' increase in road noise with lowered suspension in the EKs?
    Yeah man, heaps more noises in the way of creaks, cracks, bumps, clonks and donks. Plus, being closer to the road increases road noise, but only slightly. The look is worth the slight discomfort
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    60 EAD
    extended headlight harness' and other misc wiring for tucking, just need to clean it all up and cover it in corro ^^
    FFamily

instagram - chumdab

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    thanks mate. Hey, I swear I saw a civic exactly the same as the one in your avatar the other day, down near Chirnside in Vicco. but says you are from SA.
    yea, i'm in SA :/ lol. whenever i see another EJ8/EM1 on the roads here i smile and admire
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Hey mike, i mean trumpets/bell mouths, velocity stacks just another more technical term lol

Hardly see any modded civics around Vic nowadays, or maybe im jus on the wrong side of the state lol (northside), from what iev seen skylines/silvia out number us big time, for every 5 skylines, theres one modded civic

i guess you could say its the new bogan car, since there dirt cheap an every bogan thinks his a even more of a hard kent with a turbo (no offence taken to skyline owners)
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Fixed my Drivers side door locking mechanism....Took it all apart, cleaned it, lubricated all the moving parts put it back together all good... Only to find my passenger door lock is playing up now...
    Ah the joys of 10+ years old Hondas.
    I figure my car realises I have put it up for sale and now its crakin' the shits in retaliation.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGTYM View Post
    Fixed my Drivers side door locking mechanism....Took it all apart, cleaned it, lubricated all the moving parts put it back together all good... Only to find my passenger door lock is playing up now...
    Ah the joys of 10+ years old Hondas.
    I figure my car realises I have put it up for sale and now its crakin' the shits in retaliation.
    door lock easy to fix bro!
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Was in the garage again tonight mounting the brackets for the front splitter and test fitting. Also removed the old un-used air-con cylinder thingy and also the window washer fluid bottle. Got my tires fitted to the wheels too, look phat

Hey mike, i mean trumpets/bell mouths, velocity stacks just another more technical term lol

Hardly see any modded civics around Vic nowadays, or maybe im jus on the wrong side of the state lol (northside), from what iev seen skylines/silvia out number us big time, for every 5 skylines, theres one modded civic

i guess you could say its the new bogan car, since there dirt cheap an every bogan thinks his a even more of a hard kent with a turbo (no offence taken to skyline owners)
    ah yes, I understand, my ITB's already have really short but wide bellmouths on the them. my Filters just sit over them.

Yeah true, I barely ever see modded honda's in general to be honest except for DC5's and DC2's. I see them around a bit but never anything else. I see a hell of a lot of skylines around my area but only 1/7 are worth a second look. My area is packed full of commodores and Utes to be honest (complete with a southern cross sticker and chevy badge.......) every second dickhead has one and there are a lot of dickheads out my way haha Honda's out my area are very scarce
    MSC Performance FTW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Installed whale penis intake, removed resonator, cut bumper and installed cold air feed. The whale penis intake seems deeper and louder than injen replica. Throttle response seems better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    Was in the garage again tonight mounting the brackets for the front splitter and test fitting. Also removed the old un-used air-con cylinder thingy and also the window washer fluid bottle. Got my tires fitted to the wheels too, look phat

ah yes, I understand, my ITB's already have really short but wide bellmouths on the them. my Filters just sit over them.

Yeah true, I barely ever see modded honda's in general to be honest except for DC5's and DC2's. I see them around a bit but never anything else. I see a hell of a lot of skylines around my area but only 1/7 are worth a second look. My area is packed full of commodores and Utes to be honest (complete with a southern cross sticker and chevy badge.......) every second dickhead has one and there are a lot of dickheads out my way haha Honda's out my area are very scarce
    I heard awhile back running longer trumpets can alter ur power band, though i wouldn't know for sure as im not a engineer but seeing real race cars with long trumpets could mean something

Cars looking real good in race trim loving the canards an front splitter, have you thought of running wider rims or lower offset wheels to increase wheel track? just a suggestion lol still feeling ur work wheels

Is that a mini i see, lol, good ol mr.bean car hahahaha whack in a K20 in it, than its no slouch
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    60 EAD
    longer runners mean more torque
    FFamily

instagram - chumdab

I heard awhile back running longer trumpets can alter ur power band, though i wouldn't know for sure as im not a engineer but seeing real race cars with long trumpets could mean something

Cars looking real good in race trim loving the canards an front splitter, have you thought of running wider rims or lower offset wheels to increase wheel track? just a suggestion lol still feeling ur work wheels

Is that a mini i see, lol, good ol mr.bean car hahahaha whack in a K20 in it, than its no slouch
    Already running wider wheels and tires for track man, running 15x8" +36 6ul with hoosier R6 225 up front and 205 at the rear. My other wheels are the SSR's (not to be mistaken with work meisters ) which are the 16x7.5" +26, so they would be great for track if they weren't so heavy... (possibly be up for sale soon too
    , maybe)

Will be the first time out with this new wheel tire combo so i'm keen to see what difference it will make compared to my old combo,
    the 15x7" +42 with 205 direzza 03G's. Should be a huge difference,
    i hope.

Yeah the mini has been at undercoat stage for the last 3 years. My brothers un-finished project... Working engine and everything. Just needs a spray and a new dash made up and it would be pretty much done.
    Last edited by DNYALL; 18-11-2010 at 09:16 AM.
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    my 'N*Power' eBay headers came todaaaaaaaaaay ! me so happy!! heres the link to my facebook album
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1599022534
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!