Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    H1 headlights for both high beams and ur normal headlights
    i think they use 2 separate bulbs......
    if they do, they both use H1's im 100% sure
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

man ..

just chucking on a pod filter will get that induction noise... thats all u need.. .. sif replace with panel filter..

I've found that quite alot of the induction noise is muffled down by a resonator that sits within the driver side guard and attaches to the bottom of the air box. CAI's and pods always result in the removal of this resonator which is one of the reasons that they produce so much induction noise. Myself I removed the resonator from the bottom of my stock air box. Performance gains are very minimal at best, you may find that without the restriction of the resonator that it will breathe a little better at high rpms. You will however experience a louder induction noise that before! Its a nice balance especially if you have a loud exhaust because it wont be just exhaust noise but a nicer revving sound.

n e ways my 2 cents.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    man ..

just chucking on a pod filter will get that induction noise... thats all u need.. .. sif replace with panel filter..

// does that mean i shouldnt really get a panel for the car?..

because it doesnt really do too much / make more induction noise?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Ancient bump - i searched

Anyone know how the cutoff is like for the 5th gen ludes? I'm considering getting a set of HID's if the ludes are decent at controlling glare

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Absolutely horrible im afraid. I could stretch this post out to a paragraph but in the end, its not worth it.
    Options include retrofit projectors or ebay headlights.

In case anyone was wondering, removing the intake resonator frees up a ton of noise in the intake.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ah bummer, that's a shame. My FD managed to do them quite well once i aimed them properly - they're designed to take HID's in other countries..

Where's the resonator? My car has a 'JDM' intake arm which is a bit fatter... will that get in the way?

edit: oh wow i replied within 2 mins..

http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-intake/resonator.shtml
    shows how to take out your resonator, however it might be easier to remove your front bumper if u are familiar with it.
    an like what gums said unless you get projectors i highly suggest not using a hid kit cause your gonna blind people and they are gonna get very angry

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    The best way by far is to remove the bumper. You will see the snail like box on the drivers side near the wheel well. You will need to get into some deep bolts.
    I used the ntpog.org for info on what to do with the butterfly control box and the associated vacuum lines (it has vacuum lines to activate a butterfly thing inside the resonator).

Butterfly controller removal

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Fark, that's intense. Might give it a shot later. Thanks for the links guys

We should compile a thread full of prelude mods...

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Thats what Preludeaustralia.com is for :P