Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

suspended license question...

- On my P2 Greens
    - 4 points remaining (had 7, got busted on the phone a month ago)
    - instant suspended 6 months for going 45km/h over at 1am on princess hwy

How many points do i have once i get my license back in 6 months? would a pre-existing fine (ie. on phone) mean i get suspended for another 3 months once i get it back?

(dont worry i did the crime i'll pay the time, just clarifying how much time i really have off... i havent had chance to call RTA I have been working litrelly all day and i only get home at 10pm )

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    you'll have full points i'm sure
    here was my story awhile ago

dec06 - lost 3 points
    apr07 - lost my licence for 6 months
    oct07 - licence back, called rta, told me i had full 7 point back

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    so they didn't care about the 3 point loss? i have had mixed stories, the cop that pulled me over told me i'd loose it again but i figured it was a scare tactic they have bullshitted to me before (

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    yeah most stories cops tell are just trying to scare you off

i dont know if you remember but considering you only have 4 points left, and you went 45km over and thats instant 6 months loss of licence... how much points did you lose from your speeding offence? would've been over 4 points therefore means longer loss of licence..

sorry to give you some bad news if you didnt or did know

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    haha shit, well i did wanna know hence starting the thread.. but you said same thing happened to you? where you p2

so.. you will loose it for 6 months police suspension, then since loosing 4 points, u will have lose all ur points, and get an RTA suspension. so you'll loose it for 9 months. after the RTA suspension you will come back with 7. (i lost 8 points, and came back with 7, as opposed to 6, as some would say)
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    what MWAKU has said.. thats what happened to me, i was on my Greens when this happened, police suspension and rta suspension, most likely you'll lose your licence for 9 months, but gain all points back after the suspension

Goodluck with everything
    I took the easy way out and went to NZ and got my licence there and stayed there for a year lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    That's fine, it was my fault speeding I just wanted to be sure. Is it possible to get the rta suspension sooner? I'll be overseas for like 2 months starting June and my police suspension expires in May and I don't really need my license then I'd rather get it back sooner when I return overseas

Wait I lost 3 points not 4
    Last edited by steve88; 26-11-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    if you lost only 3 points then you;ve only got the instant suspension, and you'll have 1 point spare. so should be sweet after the instant suspension

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    sorry dude i confused you
    time line of my offenses
    - 1 month ago lost 3 points on phone
    - last week lost 6 points speeding instant 6 month suspension

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    never ever ever take legal advice from cops. don't listen to a word they say about points/suspension etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    it depends how many points they take for speeding...lets say ur on ur reds...u loose 4 (all) points for speeding automatic 3 months u get it back for a month then you loose it for another 3 months for not having points...so u cop a dick in the mouth and ass