Member Array
    Car:
    1994 DC2 integra VTI-R

CEL comes on when vtec kicks in.

Whenever i try vtec it in 1st gear, the engine light comes on at 6000-7000 revs, and 5000 on the 2nd gear.

I have done the CEL test using the paperclip and found out it was code 3 - MAP sensor.

So yesterday i replaced the MAP sensor which i got from the wreckers and everything worked fine on the first try of high revving, but on the 2nd try the engine light started coming on again.

I currently have a short ram intake and also my engine bay gets extremely hot even after normal driving.

Can someone please help distinguish this problem?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    do the CEL test again, might be more then one sensor?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 DC2 integra VTI-R
    i have done it multiple times, its always the same code

might be the intake coz after my fd with the ek and fd install a short ram intake? the engine come on sometimes

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    how long ago was the intake installed? or maybe try resetting your ecu?

was told to reset the ecu after installing a intake by d/c the battery for like 10 mins
    so that it can adapt to the increased airflow

Once you have fixed the MAP sensor problem, always reset the ECU to clear the CEL code in the ECU memory.

If you're getting a CEL light when VTEC engages, that normally means VTS problem. Have you checked if there's another CEL code? Code 21 from memory for VTS..

Does the VTEC actually work?

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 DC2 integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Once you have fixed the MAP sensor problem, always reset the ECU to clear the CEL code in the ECU memory.

If you're getting a CEL light when VTEC engages, that normally means VTS problem. Have you checked if there's another CEL code? Code 21 from memory for VTS..

Does the VTEC actually work?
    The only code i am getting at the moment is the MAP sensor code. The VTEC does work, but it doesnt pull as much and not as fast as it used too be without the engine light.
    What does VTS mean?

are you sure its not code 21 but you read it as 3?