Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Running HELLAFLUSH offset

If you know offset is everything and practicality is nothing , then you know what hellaflush means.

I have finally gotten out of the jdm rwd scene in favour of a nice stock 4dr CG5? 98 accord. Its aircon is ice cold, it starts everytime and i love it.

I want to run some decent wheels as this will be a daily with no performance mods what so ever.

I am looking at the specs of 16/17x8.5 all round with +25ish.

Are there any camber kits out there that will allow me to run more negative camber than -1.5 as thats all i have really found and assuming stock offset is +45? a +25 wheel will need mass lowering and camber and stretch to look decent. im prepared to do what it takes to get some tough fitment going as i dont think i will sell this car (eg chop wheel liner, bumper stops, roll/bash inner guards etc)

I want to have the rims poking past the guard about 1/2 and inch. Any body with 98-00 Accords please chime in.

I have searched high and low for pictures and info and before i dish out 2k+ for custom made wheels i want to know exactly what sort of offset and sizing has been done in the past and what it looked like.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Welcome to OzHonda, mate.

I think that this trend looks atrocious. It completely throws off the visual balance of the wheel and the wheel arch. The fact that it also ruins the drivability of the vehicle just tops it off. Sigh. What happened to just having a nice set of 17s...?

Anyway, best of luck!

I am not looking for opinions on what other people think.

I am looking for answers to the questions I asked.

Member Array
    Car:
    J30a
    17 x 8.5 +30 will sit flush on the accord, so if you wanting to go more low offset i recommended 17 x 9.5 +22 then would have to run camber kits. look on ebay.com for the camber kits, what ever you do dont get the ball joint camber kits.

17 x 8.5 +30 Te 37

18 x 9.5 +22 Ce28

HCCM #6

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Wagon
    hey mate.

if you're curious about offset for your Accord, try visiting Honda Society. it's a forum from the states that i'm on. all of your offset questions can be answered there.

warning you now, if someone makes a jab at you or says something that comes off as insulting, don't take it personally. we're all a big family & just like to give eachother a hard time on that forum!
    Last edited by rickRHD; 07-12-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I was still friendly and polite towards you, and despite my disagreeing with your chosen direction with your vehicle, I gave you what was otherwise a warm welcome. Maybe try not to respond so rudely next time. You could have addressed my criticisms in any number of ways, but acting like a petulant child is even less constructive than my unwanted editorialising.

Again, welcome to OzHonda. This time, don't throw it back in my face.

Member Array
    Car:
    J30a
    indie that is not necessary in this thread keep it to pm.

back on topic jaychen let me know if the photos i uploaded helped with your research
    HCCM #6

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    yea rimtuck is a good site..

yep 17x9 +20ish will work perfectly.

rims will be ordered this week.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    dont forget to post up pics

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    17x9 +20ish maybe a little weak....

Hellaflush is what it says, to be flush you need to deck your car hard, and be flush, with a neat amount of camber prob -2.5 to -3deg all round, hard lowering will acheive this.

9.5+22 looks like a good starting point, (already 6mm larger than 9 +22) and work from there, possibly even look at going lower offset.

On a 8.5 inch front a 205/40/17 tyre will be a nice stretch and on the rear 9.5 a 215/40/17 will be perfect. fairly even amount of stretch all round.

Remember if you want true Hellaflush and not be a laughing stock, you need to lower your car so the tyres tuck and the rim lips are flush with the guard lips with only a few mm clearance before touching, meaning you need stiff suspension or your rim lips will hit your fender lips.

though 17's are a bit small maybe look at getting atleast 18's.