Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Wow, nice!

you're not that far out yourself vvv. lol brisbane meet?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Oh, by the way, what size grommets do I need to get for the holes?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

BOOM, THERE IT IS!

Wiper and wing in one fell swoop. Looks so much nicer. Now, can anybody please tell me exactly what I need to get to plug the holes? Cheers!
    Last edited by Indie; 06-12-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Nice work man!!

How did you go about removing the wiper?

Oh and for the plugs, you need 1x 1/4" and 4x 3/8". They come in packs of 4 at Supercheap, think they were $2.30 a pack or something.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    It was so, so easy. Definitely do it, mate. Just plucked off the plastic boot lining, starting from the corner of the hatch. I didn't even have to take the whole thing off, or take the sides off either. Just need to get a screwdriver wedged in there, and pull hard on it, trusting that the clips won't snap. They won't. Then I unscrewed the three large, obvious bolts on the motor, and unclipped the wires bypulling on them very, very hard, leaving it only attached by the wiper part itself. Then comes the trickier part. You need to wedge a screwdriver in between the plastic ring and the plastic cap that are where the wiper arm connects to the motor, and pry it loose. Eventually the little sucker will flick off, leaving you to unscrew a couple of obvious things and firmly yank the blade off. Then I just smooshed the rubber stopper with a screwdriver until it popped through the glass, and I was left with a neat hole, and a completely intact wiper, ready to be re-installed if necessary. Just go out and do it when you have half an hour, it's really easy. Looks ****ing ace, too! Just don't be afraid that anything'll break; it's all really sturdy.

Thanks for letting me know about the grommets, too; I'll pick some up this week. Any idea how to get the third brake light hooked up and working? I can't find any wires for it anywhere, so I'm now running illegal. I figure I won't actually get picked up for it any time soon, so I can always just get them to do it at my next service, which is soon.

I'm wondering how much a respray will cost... I'm considering just leaving the grommets in, and only bother bogging them down the track when I get a full spray.