Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don't use ur aircon if that noise comes! Mine did it a few times, then went away. One day i went to use it, the noise was there......then i quickly turned it off. A few mins later, i wanted the fan, but to get fan, i had to press the AC button (to turn it off), instantaneously, the compressor EXPLODED and shattered! So i'd get it looked at first, or else you're looking at a grand to get it replaced.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The belt doesn't have to squeal all the time.
    Check the accessory belt tensioner to see if it is at maximum extension yet. The clutch engaging will give an instantaneous load to the belt and can cause it to slip for that split second until the A/C pulley is spun back up to speed.
    Aaronng is right. It's the sudden load on the belt. It's not likely to be the bearing as the noise would more likely continue.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    The belt doesn't have to squeal all the time.
    Check the accessory belt tensioner to see if it is at maximum extension yet. The clutch engaging will give an instantaneous load to the belt and can cause it to slip for that split second until the A/C pulley is spun back up to speed.
    This completely slipped my mind..

It may be time for a new belt.. worth a try!

thanks heaps for this.. (I'll check it this arvo)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Si-TCV
    Hey guys, i've just had the same problem, which now seems to me a quite a common problem with Euro's. I've lost my compressor clutch mechanism. I just wanted to know what are the best ways to fix this problem without sacrificing an arm or a leg. Is there a way to replace these compressor clutch mechanism, without changing the whole compressor? Is there possibilities of seeking compensation to fix this problem as it's a common problem?

Cheers

JDM Prelude Si-TCV - 4 Wheel Steering, Traction Control, ABS, LSD, Climate Control.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    hi all,

gone through the thread but im not sure if i see an answer to this. mine is having the same issue i suspect, the AC is making a pretty loud (somtime soft) 'Wooop' sound, when AC is on, normally while idle or stopping at the lights.

am intedning to bring it back to Honda to check. But am keen to know if there's a solution to this? or what is the common issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    I also have the 'whoop' sound when using A/C. What is the official fix for this before it blows up??

- tighten the belt?
    - change belt?
    - etc?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The whoop noise is from the thermal expansion valve in the a/c system. Unfortunately, it involves removing the aircon gas and your dashboard to get to that part.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by AYRTON View Post
    Hey guys, i've just had the same problem, which now seems to me a quite a common problem with Euro's. I've lost my compressor clutch mechanism. I just wanted to know what are the best ways to fix this problem without sacrificing an arm or a leg. Is there a way to replace these compressor clutch mechanism, without changing the whole compressor? Is there possibilities of seeking compensation to fix this problem as it's a common problem?

Cheers

[IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4059/dsc00672sml.jpg[IMG]
    The aircon clutch fault is not that common. Most common is the thermal expansion valve and the exploding compressor. Easy to remove though, brcause the clutch is an electromagnetic one. Just need a good pair of circlip removers that is deep enough to get into the middle bore.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    The whoop noise is from the thermal expansion valve in the a/c system. Unfortunately, it involves removing the aircon gas and your dashboard to get to that part.
    sounds costly and troublesome.

anymore details on this aaron?

is there any harm if we keep using the AC?

Mine started a year ago. I've got an 05 Euro with only 43k on the clock. Brought it in twice and dealer said could not detect sound! Really annoying as it happens irregularly and the whine or squeel sounds terrible.

Brought car in for a service today and technician said this problem was raised with Honda Japan but no response from Japan so far. Prime suspect is the expansion valve rather than belt. Changing the valve will cost $600! And no guarantee that sound will go away. The other option is a re-gas. I was told no customer has opted to spend money to try and rectify so they are just putting up with it.

I like my cars quiet so I'm close to trading the Euro for a Golf GTI.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the06EURO
    hi hi (newcomer)

ive heard the 04-06 euro's all have aircon compressor problems from factory. my 06 euro compressor was told by T1 that it might blow if i keep using it, its making a very serious vibration when its turned on.
    T1 said u can either buy 2nd hand for around $500 or buy new for $1600. I have a friend who's friend had the same problem and he managed to get compensation from honda, now i dont really know if this is true or not and i tried searching google about this common problem with 04-06 euro ~ havent got anything yet

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Put me down for a group complaint. Mine is 2005 Euro Lux Manual. I want it fixed properly but would appreciated if honda compensates part of it.