Good job!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    i should start doing 2nd click then

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I have posted here before on how good my FD1 Auto was on fuel economy. over the 2 1/2 years i owned the car I traveled 59,848 kms & used 4059.03 litres which is an overall average of 6.78L/100. The best recorded was 5.8L/100. 95% of the fuel used was Caltex 91 RON. I always fill to the neck & as much as possible fill up at the same tank each time. I could achieve 700km+ from 1 tank.

For those of you that think those figures are impressive, for the last 2 years I have owned a current model Euro Auto, to date I have traveled 33396km & used 2365.73 litres for an overall average of 7.08L/100. I can easily achieve 1,000km + from a 65 ltr Tank. Once again I always fill to the neck.
    Best recorded so far is 6.23L/100. 99% caltex Vortex 95.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 09-12-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD Civic VTI-LE
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    I have posted here before on how good my FD1 Auto was on fuel economy. over the 2 1/2 years i owned the car I traveled 59,848 kms & used 4059.03 litres which is an overall average of 6.78L/100. The best recorded was 5.8L/100. 95% of the fuel used was Caltex 91 RON. I always fill to the neck & as much as possible fill up at the same tank each time. I could achieve 700km+ from 1 tank.

For those of you that think those figures are impressive, for the last 2 years I have owned a current model Euro Auto, to date I have traveled 33396km & used 2365.73 litres for an overall average of 7.08L/100. I can easily achieve 1,000km + from a 65 ltr Tank. Once again I always fill to the neck.
    Best recorded so far is 6.23L/100. 99% caltex Vortex 95.
    From my experience, I have been told that filling up the tank that high is bad for the charcoal canister? Guys at the driving school section of my work told me, don't know how accurate it is. But I never fill it too high.

They also told me smooth is safe! So even though sometimes I give it some, it's always smooth but fast....

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    If you don't fill to exactly the same spot each time, using the same petrol bowser, it is impossible to to take accurate fuel consumption readings. I have never had a problem with the charcoal canister.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD Civic VTI-LE
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    If you don't fill to exactly the same spot each time, using the same petrol bowser, it is impossible to to take accurate fuel consumption readings. I have never had a problem with the charcoal canister.
    How do you figure, that. It's the litres used vs kilometers traveled. Second click, first click is really only millilitres. Not enough to trow it out that much

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    it can vary considerably depending on the angle of the car, how fast your filling, each pump is different. to measure economy accurately, near enough is not good enough. that is why I keep spreadsheets of all fuel used & i know my figures are 100% accurate & taken over thousands of kms, not just 1 tank full.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    ^^ yours is all highway k's though and you drive like a great great great grandmother.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by threesix View Post
    ^^ yours is all highway k's though and you drive like a great great great grandmother.
    As I have told you before, 75% of my driving is Rural "B" class roads, there isn't a decent hwy within 400km of where I live. The other 25% is country town driving. I drive at whatever the posted speed limit is + 5kph using cruise control. I wouldn't call that grandma driving, Rather smart driving with no unwanted letters from hidden cameras.

Add to that, I was unaware you have seen the way I drive nor do I believe you know where I live.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 12-12-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD Civic VTI-LE
    I like your dedication to detail. I've been keeping tabs of this since new, so not just a tank of fuel. But do I keep spreadsheets, nope it's over the top for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    I like your dedication to detail. I've been keeping tabs of this since new, so not just a tank of fuel. But do I keep spreadsheets, nope it's over the top for me.
    Maybe it is over the top for some, but if you want accurate fuel consumption readings it is the only way to do it. 5 minutes work every time you fill up is all it takes & you know your figures are 100% accurate, not just close enough.

Gee guess I wasn't doing that well... from what I recall owning the FD for 3 years, been filling Shell 98 all along... usually it averages around 400'ish per full tank. Mainly city driving and light foot on pedal.. but at times I do enjoy hearing the vtec kick in just for the fun