Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1555626364656667 LastLast
    Just came back from Honda Burswood (Perth) and got an offer for MY10 vti for $25800, with reverse sensor, floor matts, metallic colour and 5 years extended warranty. Don't think this is a good deal. Will try to check the other dealer the next few days. Any updates from you guys?

I'd say whatever retail is you should aim for 15% off (should be able to get 10-20%). I reckon retail base VTI/manual/white should be $20k or below soon, especially come end of year/new year sales.
    Just have to study how to bargain hard with car dealers...
    I'm also in Perth btw, and a Honmaz mechanic told me Honda North is cheapest.

Is 24k inclusive of rear sensor, tinted window, matts, metallic colour, and 5 years warranty considered a good deal for vti auto at this time (2 more weeks to 2011)?

retail auto = about $25k.
    sensor = 400
    window = 500
    matts = 150
    paint = 500
    warranty = 300?
    =27k approx.
    take off 15% = 23k approx. so maybe 23000 is a good deal? maybe offer that. or lower to bring them toward you if you haven't already. 24k is ok, but certainly its pretty much end of year.

I actually spoke to one dealer and told them I wish to make a deal at 23k with all these extras. But the response from the agent made me feel so insulted. He was saying something like 'mate, look at the retail price before you make any ridiculous offer...' I doubt they know anything about the importance of customer service.

yep, many of the car salesmen I've seen are real idiots with sales. I think the vast majority don't last, so you'll know when your on to an experienced one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    just do the windows outside dealer, so much cheaper, and u can tint it darker

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    what sort of pricing should i expect for an auto Sports?

i went to a dealer today, they are having their 2010 plate sale. 5 yrs warranty and roadside assist. pretty good value i think.
    out of all the cars i tried today, i liked the Sports the best.
    i guess i knew what it is like already, since my dad has an 07 VTi, so the only diff between VTi and the Sport was the 2.0 engine, leather, sunroof, flappy paddle gearbox

bit late maybe, but as I said I reckon 10-20% off is what you can get depending on them and how good you are at haggling. So get your quote and offer at least 20% less for a starting point.

Seperately, I wanted to ask - what time of year do we typically see the next year's plated model come out - as in 2011 plated civic, even if its the exact same model?

BTW has everyone seen this yet - 2012 civic preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvY6c...eature=related

I reckon the front looks great - like the current SI or Accord, but back looks pretty basic/like a lancer and not as good as current civic rear.

Plenty of other vids on youtube - search "2012 civic"

anyone know if its after end of february that 2011 plated models are sold?

I premuse this only coz all the sales at the moment say "2010 plated models sale ends feb 28".

...I'm finally in the financial situation to buy one (almost), although I just wonder if its worth waiting 6 months or so for the ninth generation.

They say it'll use 10% less fuel, although the new model might cost alot more than the current civic... heh

I called up one of the Honda dealers because I'm interested in purchasing a Honda Civic VTi auto. The salesman told me it was virtually impossible to get one at the moment, and that I would probably have to wait until March. He did ask if I wanted a VTi-L but I don't want that. So, according to this, it is likely that the 2011 plated models might be sold in March.

interesting. maybe depends wat state you're in but I'm in WA so cant imagine a place with less stock availability than here.

Be careful though, I find the car dealers - particularly honda, have a bit of an ego, and will try to make it sound harder for you to get what you want.

Last year they told me they had no stock in the state (I was asking if they had Red or Blue in stock), then I drove a few streets away to where they store their new cars (just ordered/purchased I presume). There were 3 shiny new civics (2 blue ones) being offloaded from a truck and even more inside with tonnes of other honda vehicles, lol.

Beware the BS, its 90% of what leaves their mouths!