Thread: Removing Decals

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R

Removing Decals

Hi Guys,
    Would anyone know if there are special precautions I should take when removing the rear decals from my ITR. The "INTEGRA" and the "TYPE R" decals, are there any tabs on the back that I should be aware of or will they just peel off with some heat applied. Secondary to this post the side indicator lights, same scenario anything I should be wary of when trying to remove as I would like to be able to put it back the way I found it.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    There are no decal on the rear of the DC5R. Are you referring to the badges on the rear? Or the decals on the side of the car?

If you're referring to the badges, I've removed my "INTEGRA" badge from my DC5R using a hair dryer to heat it up enough (and continue heating) so I can get some fishing wire underneath and slide it across the badge to separate it from the car. Get rid of the adhesive residue using wax and grease remover *IMPORTANT... give the area a good rinse of water after this to also wash away any wax and grease remover fluid from your car (it might eat your paint?) and use a polishing wax (optional, I used Meguirs spray on wax). You might notice an outline of the badge once its removed, since the badge would've been there since the car was made. I used a mild cut and polish to get rid of this outline, and then finish off with wax... now its spotless.

Theres no tabs on the "INTEGRA" badge or anything, so you dont have to worry about filling holes or anything after you remove it. I dont know about the "TYPE R" badge though, I'm fairly certain the "H" badge will leave holes if removed.

Hope this helps ^_^

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Yea the badges are the ones I'm talking about, I'm using wax and grease remover to clean the car, but it seriously doesn't erode paint does it? anyways I'm removing the badges for a respray so doesn't matter if there is any left over remover. Thanks for your help very informative, I only ask cause I owned an RX-7 and the badges where tabbed into the body work.

Anything on the side lights?