Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Suggestions on Cheap Engines

What Engine goes hard for an EK 1 But doesn't hurt my wallet?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    As far as i know you could do the mini me swap, put the 1.6 single cam vtec head on your block. Dont quote me on that though
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Depends how much you got in your wallet? whats your budget.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

yeah, budget is important. b16 is relatively cheap if u call $3k cheap, in and out

Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    yeah, budget is important. b16 is relatively cheap if u call $3k cheap, in and out
    Is that for a New B16 or Aftermarket one?

Is that for a New B16 or Aftermarket one?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Lol? That question there shows you need to do a lot more research before just asking questions man. start be reading up on the noob guides about engine swaps, they're very good and very useful. Cant buy a new b16 (obviously) and aftermarket? Since when is there really such a thing as an aftermarket engine?
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    Lol? That question there shows you need to do a lot more research before just asking questions man. start be reading up on the noob guides about engine swaps, they're very good and very useful. Cant buy a new b16 (obviously) and aftermarket? Since when is there really such a thing as an aftermarket engine?
    Haha funny question aye, but we were all there I guess.

Poplular non vtec engines -
    d16y4 - stock ek1 motor ~ $1,000 max
    B18b - stock integra gsi motor ~ $1,500 max

vtec engines -
    B16A2 - EK4 motor ~ $2,500 max
    B18C2 - Dc2 Vtir ~ $3,500 max

fitting charges - depends where you get it done $1,500?

So you have a few choices, you want something that goes hard, you have to work hard to get the money (obviously). But if i were you, I'd start from searching at auctions, buy a wrecked honda ek civic that hasn't got a damaged motor. for an example, my best mate bought his 1998 Integra VTiR facelift for $2,500 from wreckers, damage was front end but engine was fine.

Hope I helped, good luck
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Or H22A even

But I would probably go B-series

Please find me and everyone a place that will install a b16a ....running including all b series parts needed for $3k in and out.

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    go pick up a d16y8 or even d16y1 sohc vtec...fairly cheap and with the right mods they can keep upto stock b series but then again if u got the money ud prefer b series anyday

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Please find me and everyone a place that will install a b16a ....running including all b series parts needed for $3k in and out.
    this is ozhomo, where everyone thinks getting a b16 or b18c is cheap as chips. $3k would be the engine itself, and labour is for free.
    i guess this is why people never expect to get a fair price for a converted car