Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2

Exclamation dc2 vti-r no Vtec help adivce

hey guys well my car out of no where has been running like shit lately i haven't touched anything in the engine bay besides changing the tps sensor and calibrating it to 0.48 closed throttle and 4.53 wot..
    the only other thing i did was adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body thats it, which i followed on the diy here on the forums..

i took the car to bels garage in regents park and the guys there had a look for me saying theres no vtec but its not being conflicted electronically wise but mechanical wise..

he told me spark plugs are wrong i have changed them and there gaped to 1mm
    thermostat is jammed open (still have to fix but has been like that for months)
    he also told me that my vtec solenoid is leaking from the gasket (still need to be fixed)

do these sort of problems point to the problem of no vtec

any help will be greatly appreciated guys im sure yous would no how shit it feels when vtec is not working

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I lost vtec for a while once. the reason turned out to be the vtec solenoid's electronic resistance. it was too high. all the sensors and everything were working fine, which was why it seemed strange but it turned out the resistance was 1 or 2 ohms too high and just that tiny bit stopped it from engaging. here's the link to my old thread back when that happened: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...nk-of...!-Help!

however my car was still running fine so I'm not sure why yours is acting strange?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2
    hey mate well today i took my vtec solenoid off and put silicone around the gasket becasue it was leaking and the mechanic at bels garage was telling me maybe loosing pressure from that but now its sealed and no leaks but did not make no difference at all..

im just out of ideas of what it could be if anyone is in the sydney region and think they know how to fix the problem i have no problem meeting up with the them as long as my problem can be fixed the car is dumping to much fuel and not running right at all..

my car was doing atleast 330 to a full tank no im lucky if i get 250 out of it..

Did you check for error codes?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ahh ok, well if at some stage you get it running ok and vtec still doesn't work, check the solenoids resistance with a multimeter. another thing that prevents vtecs engagement is the ecu, if the ecu realizes there's something wrong or a sensor isn't reading the way it's meant to, it won't engage vtec. i think its called "safe mode" or something. what dorikin said is a good idea, there is a DIY on ecu codes here on ozhonda.

good luck bro
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2
    hey guys thnx for the suggestions but since the problem has happend no ecu error code have came up and ive also bridged it to double check and nothing has came on except the ecu light would just stay on but wont throw anycodes .

my cat at the moment is making sounds and seems blocked but not 100% sure if this would cause the problem..

ive also checked the vaccum hoses and they seem to be alryt

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    oil pressure? you might be using thin oil... try using a thicker oil like 5w-40 or 10w-40.
    vtec can drop in and out when the oil is too thin and pressure drops

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    my mate had the same issue, we solved it by using thinner oil, honda recommends you run 0w-40 if you have a type r. I have an internally worked dc2 vtir myself and i run 10w-30 and ive never had any issues, i wouldnt be pushing it below that or 0w-40 though as thats getting way too thin. Try draining the oil and using a high quality oil, either castroil edge or mobil 1 in a 10w-30 grade and see how you go.

Joe
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2
    thnx for the reply guys well my car has done about 170 kz now and the past three services i have been using castrol edge 10w-30 last tym i serviced it would of been less than 5000kz ago.im going to been changing bak to magnatec though see how i go..

has anyone had problems with a blocked cat causing engine lag? my car seems like everytime i accelerate air is escaping from sumwhere but im sure its coming from the cat wasn't doing it from before.