Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    What a thread!

I don't really see how rotors + pads will stuff up the calipers either, but it's a very close call.

Lesson be learnt.. keep your stock bits.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tknova View Post
    I've noticed that my rears rub. You spin the rear wheels and can hear the pads running on the rotors continually - But, the rear wheels spin relatively freely.

I'd better get the hand break adjusted. Aaronng, I think you're running aftermarket rotors and pads on your euro? You having any brake drag issues with the front?? I'd be interested if any other Accord Euro owners are having issues with the front calipers with aftermarket pads and rotors. You wouldn't even know there was a fault until you pick the car up from the ground and try and spin the front wheels.

Cheers.
    No brake drag issues on the front. Have you check to see if your front caliper piston is already retracted all the way? If the pads are too thick, it could cause a dragging issue.

I'm using DBA4000 blanks on the front with Project Mu pads.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i got taught to always park a car in gear anyway.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    No brake drag issues on the front. Have you check to see if your front caliper piston is already retracted all the way? If the pads are too thick, it could cause a dragging issue.

I'm using DBA4000 blanks on the front with Project Mu pads.
    Haven't looked at the caliper myself - But, Honda put a new caliper on and bleed it on the front right too be sure. Front right wheel spun with ease. So - The diagnostic seems to be that the front calipers have failed and not retracting correctly.

I'm running DBA Super street slotted and Bendix General CT pads upfront. Pads and rotors have been measure and are spot on.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Haven't looked at the caliper myself - But, Honda put a new caliper on and bleed it on the front right too be sure. Front right wheel spun with ease. So - The diagnostic seems to be that the front calipers have failed and not retracting correctly.

I'm running DBA Super street slotted and Bendix General CT pads upfront. Pads and rotors have been measure and are spot on.
    That's good. One little tip, make sure you use the metal shims that were on the stock pads. The shims are not only for squeal reduction but they allow the brake pad to vibrate/move without forcing the piston to move along with it. The vibration can damage the seal around the piston, causing it to jam.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    That's good. One little tip, make sure you use the metal shims that were on the stock pads. The shims are not only for squeal reduction but they allow the brake pad to vibrate/move without forcing the piston to move along with it. The vibration can damage the seal around the piston, causing it to jam.
    Yep, can guanantee that metal shimms are on. Only thought they where for noise! I Learn something every day.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yep, can guanantee that metal shimms are on. Only thought they where for noise! I Learn something every day.
    Also another reason why you apply anti-sieze on between the two layers of metal shims, and between the shim and the pad. Lets everything slide around with lots of lube.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Also another reason why you apply anti-sieze on between the two layers of metal shims, and between the shim and the pad. Lets everything slide around with lots of lube.
    Did all of that Not a squeel.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Does a brake pad change service at a honda dealer go through these details?

I've had experience with a major brake service place and the quality of work was SCARY...

EDIT: one honda dealer quoted me $80 + GST labour to install the front brake pads.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    UPDATE!! This issue is really getting on my nerves. As the above posts read. I took my 06 Accord Euro back to Honda with the OEM original Front rotors and pads. The front wheels could now spin freely. Bear in mind these OEM rotors and pads have completed 85,000km's,

Honda Australia called and advised me that there is no problem with the car as the front wheels now spin freely. I reminded Honda Australia that the dealer fitted a new caliper to the front with my new DBA rotors and new Bendix Pads and the front wheel could also spin freely. I advised that if I fit brand new OEM pads and rotors to the vehicle, they will rub as well. obviously after 85,000km's - the original pads and rotors would of worn. Honda Australia said until the OEM parts cause the front wheels not to spin correctly, they will not cover the issue.

So, pretty much when I replace the front rotors and pads with either OEM or aftermarket parts. There will be rubbing. But, It will only be covered with OEM pads and rotors are used? Also note that my DBA rotors and Bendix pads have been measured by the dealership and the measurements are right on OEM size/spec.

So - I've been forced to fit brand new OEM front pads to the car. Hopefully they will make the rubbing issue return.

I just can't believe Honda are feeding me with so much B.S. This is unbelievable.

I'm going to fight this one through. Honda Australia are being so one sided and not seeing the other side of the fence. They are also removing me with the right as a consumer to use quality aftermarket parts and still maintain my new vehicle warranty. Honda are breaking the law! in advising me that my warranty will only be covered if the issue occurs with OEM parts.

Will see what happens next week once the new OEM pads are fitted. Hopefully they will rub. Or i'll have to fork out for new rotors as well This is way too hard to fight when you're just the 'little man'

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's a shame that Honda Australia are tight when it comes to acknowledging problems...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    It's a shame that Honda Australia are tight when it comes to acknowledging problems...
    I think they also need some problem solving training and a quick run through on consumer rights.

I never thought i'd say this - But this deserves ACA or Today Tonight!!! lol