Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000

s2000 high flow or decat

hi guys
    ive got stock s2k exhaust n headers in mine and havent really bothered changing it due to the "crappy hp gain"
    i was thinking of just free flowing the cat. Ive got high flow mufflers on the car and thats actually changed the cars characteristics quite a bit which im happy with. By running a testpipe or a 100CEL high flow cat..would i c anymore gains or will i just lose heaps of back pressure and lose hp because of this?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    would be hard to tell as your setup isnt complete (ie headers etc) it might just make it more droney without any real gains

if i were you i would have a test pipe made at an exhaust shop, just simple mild steel with a flange either end. i cant see it being more than $100
    and if its not to your liking take it out and sell it.

i thought you were selling your car?
    Last edited by garett; 11-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    High flow cats change your "exhaust characteristics" quite some bit.. Back in the day, I changed mine and it immediately became deeper and more "rumbly". Didn't do much performance wise (not by feel anyway).

I thought you were going turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I ran a test pipe on a stock exhaust before, just makes it sound raspy and shit LOL. As for power I have no idea I can't feel anything with any mods my butt dyno is broken haha
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post

i thought you were selling your car?
    yeah i thought i saw ur add on carsales a few weeks back. not there anymore...

and qn: is there any point in changing the exhaust/catback without doing headers?
    Last edited by drsilliez; 11-01-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    well if you change your header but leave everything else stock it will have a bottleneck effect basically rather you change the end first. Though there probably isn't enough of a difference to notice.

Back pressure is overrated :P
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    So if you run either a High flow cat or a test pipe, both will increase the loudness of ur car whist improving flow?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Stock cat and exhaust are pretty decent already they arent THAT restrictive. To Blackout i think a straightpipe would be louder and improve flow for obvious reasons whereas a highflow cat still has restrictions.
    My setup was mugen headers, buddyclub prospec 3 exhaust. I sold off the exhaust first and ran stock with a testpipe and as vyets said it sounded like shit. So i found a stock cat and ran it with the mugen headers and it sounded pretty decent. I sold my headers and now im running pretty much stock everything lol. IMO if you want sound but no power change the mufflers, if you want power but no sound then your looking in the wrong place, change ya diff instead, and if you want the best of both worlds then change the whole system but bangforbuck, its not worth it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    anyone used a berk hiflow cat, the price seems ok when compared with most ?

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstyles View Post
    Stock cat and exhaust are pretty decent already they arent THAT restrictive. To Blackout i think a straightpipe would be louder and improve flow for obvious reasons whereas a highflow cat still has restrictions.
    My setup was mugen headers, buddyclub prospec 3 exhaust. I sold off the exhaust first and ran stock with a testpipe and as vyets said it sounded like shit. So i found a stock cat and ran it with the mugen headers and it sounded pretty decent. I sold my headers and now im running pretty much stock everything lol. IMO if you want sound but no power change the mufflers, if you want power but no sound then your looking in the wrong place, change ya diff instead, and if you want the best of both worlds then change the whole system but bangforbuck, its not worth it.
    thanks man
    yea my diff just blew up a week ago
    doing a full rebuild now with 4.44 gears and kaaz 1.5 way LSD
    should have all my parts arrive in a week or 2