Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil for S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    If you change your oil so frequently, is there any point using such expensive oil? I use the Castrol Edge 5W-30, and change mine every 5000kms with filter. I don't plan on driving my car over 200,000 kms LOL and nor do I redline it everyday. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ncmx5 View Post
    If you change your oil so frequently, is there any point using such expensive oil? I use the Castrol Edge 5W-30, and change mine every 5000kms with filter. I don't plan on driving my car over 200,000 kms LOL and nor do I redline it everyday. LOL
    It depends on the oil, some of the good properties of the more expensive oils deteriorate after so many km's or heat cycles...
    Especially more racing orientated oils, I'm guessing professionally, they'd top up new oil, then dump it after a race - so not all of them are really suited to daily's. But do some research, there's a lot of info on S2ki.

Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    Just throw some Edge sport 5W-30 in it if you were using FEO and want something around $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post

also im using castrol edge sport 5w-30 (dc2r just under 100,000kms) and it burns more then what it burnt on the feo honda 10w-30 mineral stuff.
    Technically Edge 5w30 should burn a little faster than FEO 10w30.
    I'm using Edge and i'm loosing roughly half litre every 1000k but my H22A4 engine has almost 240,000km.
    I may try Valvoline Synpower 5w40 later on...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    Technically Edge 5w30 should burn a little faster than FEO 10w30.
    I'm using Edge and i'm loosing roughly half litre every 1000k but my H22A4 engine has almost 240,000km.
    I may try Valvoline Synpower 5w40 later on...
    exactly coz its comes from the earth being a mineral based oil
    snapping 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by fromdeeeast View Post
    Do you find it burns alot or not? How do you find it overall?
    Usually have to top it up at least once between an oil change, quite good.

Fully synthetic and seems like a great oil...... Have not had a problem yet.
    VTEC YO!

If you have to top up a few times between oil changes, that's not too bad...Assume you loose 1-2 litres of oil over a distance of 7500km
    That's only like up to 150-250ml burnt every 1000km...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Im surprised nobody has said motul yet lol..
    motul 8100 X-CESS, royal purple and motul chrono are what ive used so far in my car.
    Chrono is pricey as F*** $100 for 4ltr then $60 for 2ltr but my engine seemed more quieter and i kept that in for 10000km and also it burns pretty slow.
    Royal purple is pretty much the same (also the oil is actually purple!) quieter engine but im not sure if it burns faster or not cant remember
    X-cess 8100 is what im using now and for less than $80 it does the same job as the other two but burns slightly faster.
    All changes are with OEM filters and my car is an AP1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    I've found that 5w30 burns a bit too quickly for my liking and during the next oil change, might try motul or something like 10w40 just to see if it burns a little bit less. That being said, edge is a pretty good oil and it made the engine run a bit smoother then watever was in the car before i got it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstyles View Post
    motul 8100 X-CESS, royal purple and motul chrono are what ive used so far in my car.
    Chrono is pricey as F*** $100 for 4ltr then $60 for 2ltr but my engine seemed more quieter and i kept that in for 10000km and also it burns pretty slow.
    Royal purple is pretty much the same (also the oil is actually purple!) quieter engine but im not sure if it burns faster or not cant remember
    X-cess 8100 is what im using now and for less than $80 it does the same job as the other two but burns slightly faster.
    Chrono burnt fairly quick for me. After about 5,000 i had to top up a fair amount.
    My mechanic suggested Anglomoil 10W40. Have had it in the car for about 8,000k's now and have only had to top it up a tiny bit. (Yes, its due for a service)
    Not sure if i want to use it again or try a different oil.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstyles View Post
    Doing my first service this weekend and ive just bought the 5 ltr motul 8100 xcess! I was going to get the chrono but yes its sooooo pricey at $110 for 4 litres which doesn't even give enough for a service! Though about getting mobil 1 5w30 but at $90 its quite expensive. Also got the K&N filter.

Ill see how i go with the motul but maybe in future just may get the castrol edge 5w30 when its on sale as im going to be changing oil ever 5,000 kms.

If you're changing it frequently the Fumoto oil valve is a great product, makes oil changes a very easy process

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio View Post
    If you're changing it frequently the Fumoto oil valve is a great product, makes oil changes a very easy process
    agreed! best $30 ever.