Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JDM B16 Cams

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Has he done any bottom end work at all? I'm interested in doing something like this.
    No, just head for this engine (N/A engine) - enlarged ports, 3-angle grind, re-welded combustion chambers, full ITR internals and IM/TB, matched manifolds. But he also has another B18C with full head & forged block build which he's about to run in for his turbo setup

Quote Originally Posted by kriZy View Post
    Yeah the guys are right. Also apparently ctr ek9 cams are similar to itr cams? I think the ctr cams are more aggressive from memory correct me if I am wrong.

But I know for sure the 00+ itr cams are more aggressive than the previous models. U can tell which is more aggressive cause one has an extra ring on the cams and the other one doesn't.

If your gonna upgrade b16 cams fo for ctr ek9 or it's cams to notice a difference and may swell get valve springs and retainers done too while ur there
    The CTR pistons can also be used in the B16A for higher compression

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I've recently had installed CTR cams and there is an increase of about 8whp. Vtec comes in harder and I've hit the rev limiter a few times. This didn't happen before because the car stopped making power up top. If my OEM rev limiter is increased, the car would continue to make power over the last few 100 rpms.

Good mod. And yes the CTR valves and retainers should be used.

Can the EK9 cams be used in the B18C2?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    Can the EK9 cams be used in the B18C2?
    I would never guess for anyone to ask this question. Interesting. I reckon it can. Dont see why not cause if the itr cams can fit in b18 and b16 then the ek9 ones can too. It's all b series were talking about here

They're really expensive aren't they the CTR cams? There's none on eBay right now....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yes they're all interchangeable in B-series VTEC. CTR's are rarer than ITR's and even ITR's aren't 'easy' to find.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    how much are ITR cams

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    $400 mark.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    yeah about that or 500+ for full cams + valvetrain

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    OP, think about it this way.
    if u do find it, will the amount u pay for the cams and install do u reckon its worth the price for the small amount of gain.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah if you're paying labour for somebody to build your head (and porting, 3-angle grind etc) may as well just spend a bit more and get some stage one cams with adjustable gears...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Agreed with Dougie on this.

BuddyClub Spec 3 (entry level BC cams, don't be fooled by the name) are around $550 from the US now.
    part time potato