Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Don't get an s15 unless you have had experience driving a FR turbo car in the wet, my friend sold his dc2r to me, he then bought my friends s15 which was immaculate and cheap, stacked it the night he got it doing 60 on a normal road, due to being given the car with rear tyres with low tread, and not having any experience with FR turbo in the wet, no insurance(LOL) and the car was a write off(wrapped around a tree). He then bought a DC5R and has been more than happy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    To be entirely honest with you, as much potential turbo cars are, they are headaches. My friends s15 has had that many issues it isn't funny. I had it for today, it makes like 220kws atw and after giving it back to him I was glad to get back in my dc2r.

Out of the box, aus s15 are shit. Not saying I had a go with my friends jap spec s15 when it was stock and my type r was stock... But he didn't beat me "if we had a go"

Anyways... As for the aus spec, can't see it being better than a dc2 or dc5

For dc2 vs dc5, there are numerous threads On it and it's all about preference

Dc2r = raw type r

I love my type r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion
    But i think its rubbish.
    Okay, what claims would your refute then? Or are you just being a dickhead?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Probably. He is bludger after all

he disagrees with what the rest of have disagreed with

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    All comes down to personal choice dude, i've owned a dc2r, and a nissan similar, a 180sx.. reason why i moved was because i loved the look of nissans, stock and modified, and i've got into drifting

and yes, turbos are nightmares but it is also worth it,a dn when people say fuel economy, it depends the way you drive, i've got 600kms out of one tank if feathering it, same with my dc2r

reliability.. honda will always win, but i like working on cars. plus a second car does help

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    I havent read most of the feedbacks since there are 9 pages. This is just my 2c.

DC2R - Nice looking car, may be showing its age in terms of looks but I still love it and would take it over a dc5r anyday.

DC5R - Isn't this just the equavalent of the Acura RSX ? No brembos, detuned engine etc ? I love the looks as well but the dash and the console is a little plain for my liking. Don't particulary like the silver dials either. I have never considered a DC5R purely because of these reasons.

S15 - Sexy car but I think theres quite a lot out there on the road. Passengers at the back need their legs amputated to fit.

At the end of the day, I think its up to you whether you want a FR or FF ? I think FF is more forgiving if you make a mistake of going too fast in the corner. Probaly better for newer drivers. I have many friends who drove FR turbo cars and I would say 70% of them have lost control and stacked the car. Some not as bad as others. As for the long road ahead, if you plan on doing up the cars (performance wise), turbo cars would be cheaper to mod. With just a turbo back exhaust, you can feel a big difference. Also another 200-300 for a 2nd hand AVCR. With NA, it's gonna cost a bit to get gains. I guess just chucking in a pod filter + cat back aint gonna see big gains. Stuff like cams, cam gears, extractors, intake manifold, etc + tune can accumulate to a significant amount. Also VTEC roar vs BOV sound ? which do you prefer ??

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I wanted a Silvia, but 'settled' for a Teg. More generously, I compromised with a Teg. I'd take the Silvia at the best of times, but if it's at all wet, I'd much rather be in the Teg. Plus, it's better on fuel, more reliable, and just a better all-round daily. Silvias are the better track car, better to mod, and RWD; Tegs, on the other hand, are probably the better daily drivers.

I'd still take the Silvia, given the choice. S13, my first love. Sigh.
    Control in the wet? Anyone driving like an idiot can and will lose it, regardless what car you're in.
    It is all to do with self control and being responsible on the road.

Fuel economy again has all to do with the driver and your right foot.
    you can baby both cars for the whole tank and get good figures for both or......
    You could go flat stick on both cars for the whole tank and get anal fuel consumption.
    It's up to your right foot.

I agree with you Honda is more reliable in general.
    I think the Nissan is still a very reliable car when in stock form.
    Once you start modifying then that goes out the window. But that goes for any car.

I don't think the Honda is a better daily, I think you have them the wrong way around.
    dc2r if you get in and out of then properly (without ****ing up the recaro bolster) it is a hard task
    Suspension stiffer, no drive-ability under four thousand RPM, Very low final drive meaning very high revs at highway speed, etc.

Stock for stock, Nissan better daily for sure. Out of the factory they make them for the average Joe blow. Better to mod, maybe. It's personal choice and preference. I don't think it's a better track car either.

If you're talking modified then maybe its better for track.

Higher chance of losing it in the wet when it's FR turbo compared to FF N/A it aren't rocket science

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    dc2r = driver involvement, more feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    Higher chance of losing it in the wet when it's FR turbo compared to FF N/A it aren't rocket science
    /Again, only when you're driving like a lunatic.

If one is responsible and drives to the conditions then there is zero chance of losing control.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    /Again, only when you're driving like a lunatic.

If one is responsible and drives to the conditions then there is zero chance of losing control.
    Have you actually driven an s15, particularly a stock one? I agree with NightKids, he only said 'higher chance' anyway. I had my s15 drifting with any throttle over 3000rpm around a corner in the wet, after nicking some white paint on the road, after having to change down gears mid corner due to issues in front of me or unknown roads. Whilst you could say most of these are driver errors, no one can always be the perfect driver and often the situations come about due to circumstances out of a driver's control. I've encountered similar situations in a dc2r with absolutely no probs.

I've heard from mates there a big improvements in grip going up to say 255 tyres on the back though, so I'd definitely be recommending wider treads for a s15 buyer.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I wanted a Silvia, but 'settled' for a Teg. More generously, I compromised with a Teg. I'd take the Silvia at the best of times, but if it's at all wet, I'd much rather be in the Teg. Plus, it's better on fuel, more reliable, and just a better all-round daily. Silvias are the better track car, better to mod, and RWD; Tegs, on the other hand, are probably the better daily drivers.
    I agree with Bludger, I don't agree with your opinion. Your points don't make sense. Let me break in down:

1. DC2r more reliable: unmodded Nissans are almost just as reliable as Hondas.

2. Silvia is better track car: Not in stock form. DC2r is hands down a better track car.

3. RWD: depends on the suspension setup. Drifting is not the be all of driving.

4. Teg is better daily drive: (this one is the worst, obviously you haven't driven a DC2r) Integra's ride is harsh, while s15 is soft. How can it be a better daily?
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 20-01-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!