08 Accord Advice Please

Greetings guys, so yeah, first time poster, on and off reader.

Basically, I have an 08 Honda Accord Vti that I bought new, I have some really nice wheels on it, and I've finally decided to take the plunge and get it lowered. It's basically just cosmetic lowering with possibly slight improvements to handling that I'm looking for, I don't want the comfort to drop too badly.

I have been quoted by $922 by Pedders for sports ryder springs fitted with alignment 250mm drop which I think will eventually settle to around 300mm. Is this a good idea? I was originally going to get coilovers, but decided I don't want to spend that much money, I wish to save my cash now until 2013 when Infiniti (hopefully) finally get launched in Aus for a G37 Sport 6MT sedan. The shocks and struts will remain stock.

I had Pedders sports ryders in my last car, a manual series 2 R33 skyline sedan, and they were fine, car handled well, no problems with struts or shocks. Car looked good, big enough drop for me because I don't like to have a car slammed to the point of useless.

I guess my question is, do any of you recommend anything for around the $1000 mark that would be a better setup installed? Does anyone think that I will have any problems with the struts or shocks or car due to this from now until 2013? I know that it will void my warranty regarding suspension, so I'd rather nothing go wrong. Does anyone have any advice, comments, criticism, conspiracies? All welcome.

Cheers!

Here is a picture, sorry, crappy Iphone camera and car was dirty!

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBones View Post
    Greetings guys, so yeah, first time poster, on and off reader.

Basically, I have an 08 Honda Accord Vti that I bought new, I have some really nice wheels on it, and I've finally decided to take the plunge and get it lowered. It's basically just cosmetic lowering with possibly slight improvements to handling that I'm looking for, I don't want the comfort to drop too badly.

I have been quoted by $922 by Pedders for sports ryder springs fitted with alignment 250mm drop which I think will eventually settle to around 300mm. Is this a good idea? I was originally going to get coilovers, but decided I don't want to spend that much money, I wish to save my cash now until 2013 when Infiniti (hopefully) finally get launched in Aus for a G37 Sport 6MT sedan. The shocks and struts will remain stock.

I had Pedders sports ryders in my last car, a manual series 2 R33 skyline sedan, and they were fine, car handled well, no problems with struts or shocks. Car looked good, big enough drop for me because I don't like to have a car slammed to the point of useless.

I guess my question is, do any of you recommend anything for around the $1000 mark that would be a better setup installed? Does anyone think that I will have any problems with the struts or shocks or car due to this from now until 2013? I know that it will void my warranty regarding suspension, so I'd rather nothing go wrong. Does anyone have any advice, comments, criticism, conspiracies? All welcome.

Cheers!
    First off, nice car and welcome. Are those 18s or 19s?

I'd advise strong against Pedders... even if you wanted springs only, there are better options for way cheaper (Eibach, H&R ) ,including installation.

I have an HFP (honda factory performance) suspension for an 08 accord. PM me up if interested and I can show you pics of it installed , or if not , I can offer some other good suggestions.
    Last edited by Zilli; 21-01-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: no selling for Newcomers mate

PM'd. I'd love to see your pictures.

So on Rudy's advice, I've decided to forget the Pedders, and instead getting an Eibach pro-kit. Better quality, and I got it cheaper than pedders rip off anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Pics mate, how did it turn out? are u happy with it? how much did u end up paying in total?