Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

becareful guys who are looking at buying type rs!

hey guys just wanted to share with you this...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=12DADDDC2C04

this is my old car...i got written off as i was involved in an accident late last year was just looking at cars for sale and it this got my attention after it was declared written off i asked my insurance company if i can take my parts off and they said i could and they would let me know before the car is sent off too the auction yard, but being who they are they and lack of communication they sold the car off before i had the chance to do so..my hard earned money, time, labour costs, sacrifices i made to the car were gone down the drain.... you can tell this cars been resprayed the paint looks fresh, the type r sticker is missing on the driver side, type r foot rest is missing and i buckled the front driver side rim, which is why its the only wheel missing my RED rays lug nuts...i can go on forever, but this is jsut reminding me how much money i poured into this car as my first car and the effot i put into it i babied it and i lost it. i just wanted to share with you guys to watch out! thsi guy didnt import shit or do anything do the car and bought it smashed at a auction for less than 5k! im so sad

Call the guy up and give him a piece of your mind. Many on this site would share my hatred for dishonest sellers.

theres no point...after my accident and after he bought my car i begged the auction yard to give me his details, but they wouldnt for obvious reasons, but after several days of nagging and begging they got the guy to give me a call top bloke the guy working at the auction yard did a huge favour for me! well anyways turns out the guy only called me because he wanted my log books...i said ill give him those if i could take my parts off and even told him id pay for the items he didnt care and wanted to meet to get the log books... called me day and night non stop only way i stopped this was to change my number...i tried to forget about it and it pops up for sale now i jsut feel sorry for the person who buys it next....
    Last edited by ekay1; 25-01-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    I don't mean to be rude but tis no longer your car, hes entitled to buying it from the auctions regardless of what you do, its no longer yours.

yeah i know but after my accident i asked the nrma to leave a note that i would like to take my parts off the car before it gets sent off to the auction and they agreed to it, but they ended up selling the car off without telling me so i got in contact with the new owner told him the situation and fair enough its his car now but he was a absolute dickhead im not saying that because he didnt return my parts, but he was just rude and gave me attitude and later called me back and asked me for my log books...i never said its my car i said its my old car btw!

Dude..when you get a write off on the car, its everything on the car at that point - and that car and anything in it is no longer yours but the insurers. The guy bought the car for what he saw on the car at that point, so legally, all the items are now his. You have no right to demand anything back from him. Your beef is with the insurer not the guy who bought the car. Why don't you try asking the insurer for compensation?
    MFactory Competition Products

Dude , you didn't insure items with the car and so you lose them when insurance takes the car.

This is just common sense. You lost out , legally there is nothing you can do. Leave the guy alone lol

yeah i know he bought the car "as is" and i dont have any right to get my parts back and yes i didnt insure my parts with my insurance company, but straight after the accident i did contact them and i was given permission to take some of the parts off the car and the insurance company just sold my car off before we arranged anything they had it on their notes etc...they apologised and that was it and i argued with them but i knew nothing was going to be solved as the car had already been sold... this is why i got in contact with the new owner i contacted him twice first time i asked if i could have my parts back my rim had buckled so i asked if hes going to replace it if i could have it instead and the second phone call i asked him if he would sell any parts to me he said no and thats fair enough its his car he paid for it so i left it at that then he started calling me and asked me for my log books and and didnt stop calling me so i had to c hange my mobile number if you guys spoke to him you would understand the type of guy he is look at the ad for example its total bs he didnt import any of those parts and all the prices are incorrect anyone should know that and no where in the ad does he mention its on revs as a repairable write off..the whole point of this post was to show you this guy is DODGY! not whos legally right to what parts im just chucking a fit to myself never did i say i demanded back or nagged him to give me my parts back!
    Last edited by ekay1; 25-01-2011 at 10:02 AM.

I think you're all missing the point here, this guy is trying to inform us the seller is dodgy and so is the car.

He may have si-tracked a bit, but it's not the main focus of what he's trying to tell us. Cut the guy some slack and let him a lil rant, jesus christ.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg4
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    I think you're all missing the point here, this guy is trying to inform us the seller is dodgy and so is the car.

He may have si-tracked a bit, but it's not the main focus of what he's trying to tell us. Cut the guy some slack and let him a lil rant, jesus christ.
    Hence the thread title

Op is only trying to inform the community that the car isn't a bargain with the following modifications and that the car has been in a accident. I'm sure no one like to pay 16-18K for a lemon!

Anywho for those interested in that car, 2nd, 3rd gear synchros are no good, crunches haha

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Seems like it has coilover, exhaust and wheels. Doesn't seem like much has been done to it at all.

I did LOL at "has a AMUSE - R1 TITAN NENGUN PERFORMANCE exhaust" though. Nengun performance hahahaha!!!