Page 878 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3787788288688758768778788798808818889289781378 ... LastLast
Results 10,525 to 10,536 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by mattatnoosa View Post
    Hey guys, anyone got some spare oem wheel nuts they want to get rid off? I bought my car with aftermarket ones and want to go to the track, i hear it's not a good combination lol
    hey matt, saw your car at JDMST meet on Tuesday but never seen you around your car.

i spotted you have red wheels nuts on your wheels. if you want suitable nuts, just go to any tyre shops. they will be able to fix you up. there is nothing special about the OEM nuts.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 27-01-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Quote Originally Posted by mattatnoosa View Post
    Hey guys, anyone got some spare oem wheel nuts they want to get rid off? I bought my car with aftermarket ones and want to go to the track, i hear it's not a good combination lol
    What's the issue with tracking your car with aftermarket wheel nuts?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    hey matt, saw your car at JDMST meet on Tuesday but never seen you around your car.

i spotted you have red wheels nuts on your wheels. if you want suitable nuts, just go to any tyre shops. they will be able to fix you up. there is nothing special about the OEM nuts.
    I saw a cw fl ep3r, but was looking for a panda one! I saw you around your car, just as you were getting into it and drove off lol, next time I'll make sure to hang around mine for a bit lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    pretty sure shouldnt make to much of a diff running with the red ones matt, i might still have stock ones somewhere if u want em

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    What's the issue with tracking your car with aftermarket wheel nuts?
    OEM nuts usually have diff design to aftermarket nuts. They are not interchangeable as they won't sit and secured properly otherwise.

There was a long discuss thread on this subject on Ozhonda. U can search it if you want the detail.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

oem are acorn style ( rounded bottom ) - and generally only suit steelies or OEM rims. Some aftermarket rims DO have this rounded seating.....but most are TAPERED ( 45 degree angle) thats where aftermarket lugnuts come in

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Has anyone done valve clearance of the ep3?

I'm curious to find out if the specification from JDM K20A would be any different to the UKDM K20A2 or AUDM K20A2.

While doing valve clearance, anyone think it would be a good idea to change valve stem seals while the rock cover is open??

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    To do the seals u need to remove to cams and valve springs. May aswell get some upgraded springs and cams whilst ur at it!
    Last edited by Nepolian; 30-01-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    To do the seals u need to remove to cams and valve springs. May aswell get some upgraded springs and cams whilst ur at it!
    LOL sounds like an idea but more $$$ and more research needs to be done.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    What do you guys think of painting my car pearl white. The colour that the newer dc5's come in.??

Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    LOL sounds like an idea but more $$$ and more research needs to be done.
    Well it's the exact same comparison as to what you stated lol.......
    Cheap easy job vs more expensive harder job !
    Removing the valve cover is a 2 min job. Properly doing your valve guides is easy - just need to wait around 4 hrs for the engine to cool down , pass the feeler thru each lobe , tighten if needed then chuck the cam cover back on and u are away ! Still , it's a job that needs to be done every so often and rarely mechanics will do it.