Sleeved b18c short motors from the states

Noticed the b18c1 in my dc1 is blowing a bit of smoke at high revs I was previously going to do a all motor with just basic bolt ons, now because of the smoke am considering going a bit more with it as the cost of a short motor is near the same,

Would be a basic set up, s-375 ETT turbo, twin 44mm wastegates, fmic + pipes , custom intake manifold, e85, 2200cc injectors, hondata s300, ungraded drive shafts and clutch,
    (welder/fabricator by trade with strong back ground in custom car parts so will keep costs right down)
    Been looking at sleeved short blocks from the states seem to range from 2.5k to 4k,

Just need some advice on pistons and sleeves? Darton seem to be the pick of the sleeves? Ans either Wisco or je pistons?

Is there any companies in the states that you would recommend or not recconmend?
    Last edited by Marmo.; 17-01-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i personally like cp pistons, i havnt used them before but i hav heard good things..........

sounds like an interesting build...

Yeh still in the decision mode ATM, money isn't really the decider here just what i want from the car, as I already have a Vl street/strip car that I'm aiming for 8's/150mph in but just lost interest in it ATM.

Oh I still have to have a sticky beack down there and see if I'm able to keep aircon
    Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    ERL Performance or Lasky Racing - build mass produced honda short blocks Hi or low compression... usually with a warrenty too
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Had a look at the erl before I'll have a look at the Lasky now,
    Not blowing smoke anymore must have just been that one time :-s?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    might wanna look at dart blocks. engine builder sold me block for 1800 us$+ machining, so its really quite affordable espically since sleved options are only a few hundred less, and they are the strongest in the business i believe.

going to leave the teg stockish for a bit found a mk3 cortina that i want and ordering in a create motor from the states for it