Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord on air
    thanks boss

the cans were in the car when i got it but were virtually rooted. i honestly couldnt tell you how much a setup the same as mine would be, but id hazard a guess based on my recent research youd be looking at around 4-5k drive in drive out if you got the "lesser" options such as 3/8" valves, smaller compressor, simpler switch setup and normal guages etc.

do it yourself, and design your own kit, and shop around, i cant see why you couldnt get a very decent set up running fir around 3k or so.

im looking to getmyself established, doing custom work of all kinds (looking to open my own workshop within 12-24 months fulltime) so if you or anyone else wants any help or anything to do with this, id be more than happy to help out as much as possible.

also about to buy a mig welder over the next week, so body work is nearly ready to begin

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord
    This car is badass, whats with the haters? I dont think all hondas have to be JDM spec, its good to see some different styles. If you dont have respect for other styles then you should keep quiet!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord on air
    I finally got my ass into gear and got all the wiring finished. Switch box is all done, hooked up to the handbrake with another overide switch so I can use it all the time (for rego/engineers reason). Also got the compressor all wired up again. Properly this time. Got pressure switch controlling it, but again got an overide switch to leave it on flat out if I'm using the bags heaps.

Put all the rims back on, cleaned it up a little. Just needs a clutch and fix the slow leaks and she's ready for rego. Hopefully I can get it done without engineering it just yet, If not I'll have to get a new tank, which mean I'll get 2 new compressors, which means I'll get all new valves and braided lines. Either way it's not far off being done.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    whats the latest on this thing??

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Yep keen to see some more pics

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    dont like it, think it looks tacky imo

but as it has been said, u built it for you!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

WOW, (i know im digging up an old thread but did a google search and it popped up)... This is my old accord, that i built.

To be honest seeing the pics you posted breaks my heart, the guy i sold it to was a complete tool and im not surprised that everything in it is broken or dodged up to suit his shitty ways!

Firstly, my name is Josh (not Joel as thought) and yeah i did the trim my self at my old work. Although the trim isn't finished what was done like the doors, roof and parcel tray etc did cost allot of money AND took allot of hours to create. A for the headlights and tail lights, they were a mission to track down as i didn't want chrome shitty things and the OEM headlights were frosted crap that were good for nothing! The rims, well i sort of liked them and they aren't exactly what i was after but about 3 months after i put them on they bought out the same rims in black, and i wanted them bad but never bothered spending more money when i just bought those ones. The car was a rocket and with the CAI fitted as well as the new catback exhaust it certainly got along.

Just for old times sake here are some pics of the accord before it was trashed (why would you spend $17500 on a car and trash it is beyond me!)

This is what it was when i got it, albeit i had removed the headlight/bonnet protectors, oversize rear view mirror, mudflaps and a few other things... And given it a tub and a polish

I really didnt like the standard trim and we had some suede laying around from a falcon trim so when i fibreglassed the screen in for the bags i had to trim it and did the door inserts while i was at it

When i first installed the bags, no new headlights or tail lights, standard exhaust and original number plates still

Then i fitted the head/tail lights and number plates to it

Pic of it on a accord cruise to Sydney

And then the fun began on the interior
    These door trims took nearly 40 hours all up to cut, fibreglass, mould and trim

The roof lining took 13 hours, A friday night after work to do... Was an absolute mole because of the pleats!

And the parcel tray took about 4 hours to do

This is it at some car shows

And these are just it around other places

And this is my favourite picture, about 4 weeks before it was sold and destroyed

To the new owner, Good luck with it. I miss this car so much and wow was it a head turner. To all the haters, i built it to how i liked it and it was never intended to be a JDM style race spec car. Also, if you want that trim finished, let me know i can always go and finish it for you!

Thought the new owner may have received the email with the PM i sent about this car.. Guess not!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    looks like you put in alot of time into it
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Wow that actually looks really good. After seeing those pics. Wow wow wow! So nice and clean.

Really liking the headlights and tail lights kit as well.

Shame it wasn't kept nice and tidy as intended. Hopefully current owner has finished cleaning it back up by now.

Yeah the OP pictures didn't do it any favors.

Headlights and tail lights did look really good when they werent wonky and aiming the wrong ways.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I reckon it would've looked sick with the stock head/tail lights (or maybe Stanley clear/black headlights) and maybe just retrimmed the interior with black leather. It looks too rice imo.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.