Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

Imoboliser problem

Hey guys when for a surf yesterday, was stinking hot so i thought it would be a good idea, what wasnt a good idea was taking my honda key with me which had the immobilizer with it, so basically does anyone know a good contact who can fix everything up? its not a genuine hodna immobilizer so i dont recon they will know what to do with it, and the car wont move without this working so if there is someone who can come out to me before i have to pay to get it towed that would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I'm assuming:

1. You went surfing unexpectedly not knowing that you had your keys/remote with you.
    2. You realised that your key got wet, and that you can't start your engine.
    3. Your immobilizer is not OEM and it bypassed all OEM security so you don't have a spare key/remote.

You can try:

1. Let the key/remote dry a bit, replace the battery and try again.
    2. Disconnect the aftermarket immobilizer, and use your OEM key to start the car.
    3. Tow it, and have a Sparky look at it.
    3a. It costs a bomb to have your keys reprogrammed w/o your originals (OEM anyway). You may even need to replace ur whole immobilzer setup!

Goodluck!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    man, this makes me appreciate not being able to surf. LOL

good luck with it, hope it works out lol

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    What brand is your immoboliser? Most aftermarket ones are VERY easy to re-program. You will just have to buy a replacement remote. We can help you a bit more if you are able to give us more info.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    I'm assuming:

1. You went surfing unexpectedly not knowing that you had your keys/remote with you.
    2. You realised that your key got wet, and that you can't start your engine.
    3. Your immobilizer is not OEM and it bypassed all OEM security so you don't have a spare key/remote.

You can try:

1. Let the key/remote dry a bit, replace the battery and try again.
    2. Disconnect the aftermarket immobilizer, and use your OEM key to start the car.
    3. Tow it, and have a Sparky look at it.
    3a. It costs a bomb to have your keys reprogrammed w/o your originals (OEM anyway). You may even need to replace ur whole immobilzer setup!

Goodluck!
    your pretty much right, i do have a spare key but not remote, i let the key dry, sprayed it with contact cleaner, and replaced the battery but no luck. i dont know where the aftermarket immobolizer is exactly to disable it. i might be able to get a guy come look at it tomorrow.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    What brand is your immoboliser? Most aftermarket ones are VERY easy to re-program. You will just have to buy a replacement remote. We can help you a bit more if you are able to give us more info.
    lol andrew this is the guy i called you about asking.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    not much i can give, here are a couple of photos of the imobolizer, i entered the code on the back into google and it came up with alot of 'mongoose' alarm systems.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

the code on the back is N4096 Z333

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    wow sorry, didnt realize the photos would come up that bad, anyway u get the idea