Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2

Crunching in fourth and fifth gear

hi all.

i am having problems when shifting.
    my DC2 tends to crunch when shift from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th when doing high revs.

what could be the problem?
    Code:
    " the harder you push, the louder she screems! "

How many kms has it done? May need to flush the gearbox fluid. If that doesnt fix it put new syncros in and service the gearbox while your at it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    the engine has done 138xxx and has a new heavy duty Clutch
    i was told it could be the syncros but i might get the gearbox fluid flushed as you said.
    Code:

No worries tell us how you went. Did it start crunching straight away when you put in the exedy clutch? it may be that with the aftermarket clutch, theres alot more grip and power and that may be why your crunching. Not cause the new clutch is bad or anything, just some parts go through wear and tear and need replacing. But start with the gearbox fluid flush. I know a dude who was crunchin like you after he put in a new clutch, bought syncros, then decided to flush his gearbox and that solved the issue.
    Last edited by V8KLLR; 07-02-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    oh ok.
    well i really didnt notice any crunch after i got the clutch but yes i know what you mean.
    how much are syncros and are they hard to put in?lol

thanks heaps man
    Code:

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Had simular problem,

used a gearbox oil, Nulon additive - made gearbox quiter, smoother, and no more crunching.

Use quality oils and you will be set.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Yea itll probably set you back quite abit to put syncros in because you have to take the engine and gearbox out. A days work roughly. Jdmyard stock syncros for dc2's. for 3,4 and 5 it will cost you 600 I think, But you might aswell do gears 1 and 2 aswell - 385 so 985 alogether. thats not including labour. Do you know how long ago the gearbox fluid was last changed? Make sure you do that first. You can buy that Nulon additive stuff dc2 pwr mentioned at supercheap etc. dont know how much.

Dont forget to Rep me!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    whats the name of that oil, and where do i put it?

syncros cost that much? ye i will most probably do the oil thing first, changing the syncros will be last option for me.
    Code:

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    lol put it in the gearbox, its easy as.

i'll get some pictures up for you on how to fill your gearbox oil, its really simple.

Use either the Nulon additive, penrite full synthetic, or Motul. They're around $40-50, theres no limit on how much to put really, whenever it overfills and oil starts to drip out of filling hole.

Syncros will turn over to be more than $1,000.00, without labour charges. you rather buy a 2nd hand gearbox with that that money, like a ITR one for example.

I'll get some pics up for you later tonight, unless i find some on the net.
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    If you can understand this video, then you should do it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isWCtbEcTNE

thats how i learnt to change my gbox oil lol
    teamGROUNDzero

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    haha, ye well im still sorta noob too it all. but ye that would be heap helpful.

im sure i would be able to figure it out now cause you pretty much just told me how to do it. the only thing no i guess it where to find the hole for the gear box fluid lol.

but yes i will watch that video later cause im at work now, shouldn't even be on ozhonda haha.

thanks heaps man, ill give it a try over the weekend and if i need anything i guess ill just come back here. haha

cheers
    Code:

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    All good man anytime,

when you watch the video the guy will explain it very clearly, and he'll show you the filling hole on the vid. exactly same method is used on our integra gearboxs,

good luck let us know
    teamGROUNDzero