Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667 LastLast
    The salesman at Essendon Honda VIC was telling me that the white Civic in front of me was the last one in the state! Somehow I could not believe that. Sounds like BS to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifroot View Post
    The salesman at Essendon Honda VIC was telling me that the white Civic in front of me was the last one in the state! Somehow I could not believe that. Sounds like BS to me.
    he is not giving u BS! he is right!
    buy it if u want one ASAP.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

lol yea... hahaha the degree of lies gets pretty predictable after spending a bit of time around a few dealers.

often they'll say - if you buy one will take 2-3 weeks to arrive, making you ready to pay more and/or get in faster on a deal (because you think they're scarce).

once you've signed and paid a small deposit, you'll find the car often shows up within 5 days, just coz they're ready to get the rest of their money ASAP (and deceive you into feeling you've been lucky and got your car early)

If you're serious about buying, go straight to the sales manager and talk alone in his office if you can. Offer 30% below RRP and bargain hard. Should be able to bring to a midpoint of about 15% off RRP I reckon.

here's some very very useful sites:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car5.htm

http://www.negotiationtraining.com.a...iate-car-deal/

http://www.motorpoint.com.au/good-deal-car.asp

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by didier View Post
    interesting. maybe depends wat state you're in but I'm in WA so cant imagine a place with less stock availability than here.

Be careful though, I find the car dealers - particularly honda, have a bit of an ego, and will try to make it sound harder for you to get what you want.

Last year they told me they had no stock in the state (I was asking if they had Red or Blue in stock), then I drove a few streets away to where they store their new cars (just ordered/purchased I presume). There were 3 shiny new civics (2 blue ones) being offloaded from a truck and even more inside with tonnes of other honda vehicles, lol.

Beware the BS, its 90% of what leaves their mouths!

ok so how did u know these cars u saw were not already sold?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    lol yea... hahaha the degree of lies gets pretty predictable after spending a bit of time around a few dealers.

often they'll say - if you buy one will take 2-3 weeks to arrive, making you ready to pay more and/or get in faster on a deal (because you think they're scarce).

once you've signed and paid a small deposit, you'll find the car often shows up within 5 days, just coz they're ready to get the rest of their money ASAP (and deceive you into feeling you've been lucky and got your car early)

If you're serious about buying, go straight to the sales manager and talk alone in his office if you can. Offer 30% below RRP and bargain hard. Should be able to bring to a midpoint of about 15% off RRP I reckon.

here's some very very useful sites:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car5.htm

http://www.negotiationtraining.com.a...iate-car-deal/

http://www.motorpoint.com.au/good-deal-car.asp
    some interesting points, but some are just way off the mark, some of the cars dont even have that margin in them.

yea, the stored cars I presumed were ordered and sold. but it certainly contradicts the scarcity they often try to imply.

if you're a dealer, what can you tell us about margins (particularly this model)?

do things like advertising, running costs of dealership etc get incorporated into the cost price you're thinking of, or just the per unit price of the civic?

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    he is not giving u BS! he is right!
    buy it if u want one ASAP.
    I do want one ASAP, but it was in a colour I did not want, and I also want to have rear sensors installed. If you're a dealer, do you know when the 2011 plated ones are coming in? I can't wait for my first car!

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifroot View Post
    I do want one ASAP, but it was in a colour I did not want, and I also want to have rear sensors installed. If you're a dealer, do you know when the 2011 plated ones are coming in? I can't wait for my first car!
    all the once i have delivered this year have mainly been 2011 plated. we are waiting for honda to release more.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    civics are cheap atm coz honda has a good bonus on them, not advertised to the public just dealers know.
    The only prob is we are sold out! Knowing honda they will release more but take the bonus away so u cant sell em as cheap as u can atm!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    anyone know if its after end of february that 2011 plated models are sold?

I premuse this only coz all the sales at the moment say "2010 plated models sale ends feb 28".

...I'm finally in the financial situation to buy one (almost), although I just wonder if its worth waiting 6 months or so for the ninth generation.

They say it'll use 10% less fuel, although the new model might cost alot more than the current civic... heh
    it depends how quickly you need a car i suppose?
    there is always something new coming out, i guess it all depends on you if you need a car now, or you have to have the 'latest and greatest' - went thru the same issue myself recently

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    just to let everyone know blue tooth will be standard on all cars MY11 models, MY12 for jazz and Euro.

so now the civics are sold out the next ones to arrive will have blue tooth!

bout time

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    just to let everyone know blue tooth will be standard on all cars MY11 models, MY12 for jazz and Euro.

so now the civics are sold out the next ones to arrive will have blue tooth!

bout time

Any idea when they will arrive?