Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro

GT3071R gasket problem

I have a GT3071R with a T28 rear housing, chose this turbo as it is the biggest that I can go without having to change my whole setup which currently runs a GT2860RS.

I have an issue in that the rear exhaust housing outlet is bigger than the normal T28 series and I cannot find a gasket to suit. I even went to the Garret dealer in Adelaide who said that there isnt one and that when he modifies T28's like this he tapers the housing out so that it matches up with the gasket mating surface. He also said that it wouldn't be an issue and might be worth around 5kw or so due to causing turbulence, but I would really like to get this right the first time.

the dump flange shouldnt be an issue as I can get that machined out as the piping is larger behind it, possibly I can run with no gasket?

note the larger machined out area around the wheel (left turbo)-

view looking from the inside of the housing, the divider is almost in the right spot but I might get it resized to fill the whole gap-

gasket itself-

plenty of room to machine the flange back-

another view of the divider-
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    u can run with out gasket. used sum high temp sealant. not the best option but it works.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Yeah i know some cars come factory with no gasket but if I can run with one I would prefer it. what temp rating would the sealant need to be anyway? I kind of figure that if the turbo comes from Garrett like this and they dont make a gasket specially for it then it probably doesnt make much difference just using the T28 one
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    i used this permatex® High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket. i couldnt be fuk changing gasket and just reused it and just used this seal around the flange.

Temperature range -65ºF to 650ºF (-54°C to 343°C)

works well, no leaks nothing.

Member Array
    theres also a copper sealant can take more heat. design for cylinder head, turbos, and others.