Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Parts for the s2k are cheap I think, I don't feel they are jacked up to any great extent. Typical maintenance bits and bobs are comparable to other jap cars I've owned.

I got an EP3. Think i am pretty happy with it .
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    prelude 5th gen ---->s2000
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    this vids pretty interesting, old school top gear EP3R vs S2000 on a damp track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSHm97xrVCA

don't know why he talks about turning traction control off in the AP1 though.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Not me.

I've never been a fan of Honda's FWD econoboxes.

Previous car was a BMW318is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    this vids pretty interesting, old school top gear EP3R vs S2000 on a damp track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSHm97xrVCA

don't know why he talks about turning traction control off in the AP1 though.
    Both total duds..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Not me.

I've never been a fan of Honda's FWD econoboxes.

Previous car was a BMW318is.
    But that shows how much u know... Plus your bmw 318 is an actual econobox for bmw's...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Well, enlighten me. Tell me why Honda makes FWD vehicles then? And why BMW refuses to.

<hides behind his turbo charged S2000>

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    DC2R k20/k24 allmotor To a S2000.. so slow.. jhaha its fun though..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    i went from a 2004 euro luxury to a DC5R with cams,after marked ecu,header and the rest to a s2k

i cant comment about the s2k as had it 1 month n never driven it or anyother s2ks

but the dc5r is a really nice car to drive imo and defently has the power and handling to match

i was considering the ep3r but the gear stick posision is wat turned me away

all in all,all 3 are quick na cars hard choise

Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Well, enlighten me. Tell me why Honda makes FWD vehicles then? And why BMW refuses to.

<hides behind his turbo charged S2000>
    Honda's very first crack as a mass produced passenger car was the s500 which was a very successfull chain driven rwd car. The whole reason Honda started producing FWD cars was because Japan was leading the world with economical, cheap to make, cheap to own small cars, and Honda wanted to keep up with everyone else.

The first type R that was built was a mid engine rwd super car. Then Honda went back to what they do best (making economical fwd small cars) and took an ordinary every day car and turned it into a race car.

I can't say why BMW will only make rwd cars, maybe it has something to do with pride, but at the same time, just because it's rwd doesnt mean its fast

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    I can't say why BMW will only make rwd cars, maybe it has something to do with pride, but at the same time, just because it's rwd doesnt mean its fast
    Because a lot of purists consider RWD to be the proper drivetrain layout. The front wheels are for steering, the rear for pushing. Most if not all high performance race cars are RWD too. The driving dynamics are much better.
    Front drive cars can be very, very good, but they run out of potential fast.

I used to have a euro. I loved it and didnt mind the FWD but i'm in an s2k now and will never look at FWD again.

This sums up BMW's philosophy pretty well:
    http://adsoftheworld.com/files/images/Rabbit_0.jpg