What size rear speakers come stock on CD5?

I went to JB Hifi for help, the lady opened the key lock but stopped when she couldn't open the stock grills. She said I'd have to take out side trim.

I read online and they said there are 3 screws accesible from the boot to take of the stock grills. I found some screws but no bolts to un-screw, they couldn't be pushed upwards.

I've bought a Clarion CZ500A head unit and was intending to buy some 6x9 Kicker DS6390 speakers for the rear deck. I spoke to an ICE dealer and they said their workshop reported no issues with fitting the Kicker speakers and the stock grill.

I want to be sure I even have the ability to have 6x9s put in the rear as I can't open the grill atm to see what is stock speaker size.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2+t [OHN 03Z]
    Yes it will fit 6x9s on the rear.. The screws should be right underneath can't tell why u aren't able to see them
    coz stickers make my car go faster... right???
    I my RICED DC2

There seem to be screws there but no bolts holding the screws. I tried pushing the speaker up and it won't move, I assume because of the grill. So atm I can't remove the stock grill or stock speakers even.

Is this an elaborate procedure or what should I be able to do, just unscrew the screws and take off the stock grills?

There are screws that hold in the grill and the speakers. You'll need to undo the screws to take off the grill first and then the speakers. They're all located on the underneath side. (inside the boot).

My clarion speakers sit too high for me to put on the stock grill back ontop, so it didn't matter for me if i broke the screws off. They screw into the wood which gets torn easily if you just yank out the screw and not screw it out.

EXI model has 6" size speakers mounted onto a 6x9" size bracket. So you can use 6x9 Speakers.
    VTI and VTI-S comes with standard 6x9 so you just need to replace the speakers.
    They both come with the same size frame just different sized speakers.

I can see the screws from inside the boot but no bolts on them to unscrew. I tried pushing the speaker upwards at the centre magnet bit but it wouldn't budge. Yeah I have an EXI and seems to be 6" with a 6x9" bracket, just can't open it. Will have another look

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    you just unscrew the 3 screw then go inside the car and remove the speaker grille, then you remove the screw on the speaker to be able to take out the speaker, you just can't push the magnet upward like that, got the idea now ?

i had the idea but couldnt find the screws under the speaker.

Got them put in today and can say that no these speakers didn't fit flush in the rear deck, the stock grills didn't fit over them and the head unit didn't fit in the dash.

There is a gap in the dash and the unit is being supported by a flat metal bar until I find a required bracket, any suggestions would be appreciated.

The stock grills were squeezed over the top of the speakers with longer screws to just fit them over although there is a small gap where the grills aren't actually touching the rear deck.