Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    It gives you Internet creditz.

But seriously, I understand staying away from replica wheels for track use, that's obvious. But for daily I see no issue in running rota's.

I know jeremy personally, And pat I can tell you the chances of him cracking a wheel from the way he drives is next to zero.
    part time potato

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    your mother
    welcome mate. nice and clean eg. i like!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Its not just in regards to crashing n stuff, replicas just dont hold up as well imo my mate bought brand new XXRs and about 2 weeks later he hit a pot hole at like 60kms an hour and bent both front rims. Since then its happened a few times, and what scares me even more is the fact that he could hammer them straight (I was watching him do it lol) so yeah it might not be in a crash but the difference is your genuine rim might buckle slightly if you hit a pot hole at a 110kms on the highway, but what happens if the rep shatters spokes and shit gets hectic on the highway? cars can and have rolled from just tyres popping, imagine the wheel hub no longer being attached to the rim after smashing a pot hole :S just my 2cents from experiences thats all do with it what you will :P
    SunCoast Hondas

Thanks for the input guys. I dont thrash my car often and i think cause its my daily, replicas will do for me. If i was doing a serious build with big cams and full on suspension taking it to the track then i would definately go genuine.
    Im going with nightspeed wheels lols, theyve got the rota gt3 type wheels which IMO looks better than the rota gt3. only $550
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Makes sense. In a serious crash it would help to have more sturdy wheels.. but then again in a serious crash I don't want to be in a honda altogether, i'd rather be in a mercedes benz with 3 tonnes of steel protecting me ahha

very clea, i like it

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    What if the fake wheels were to lead to the crash?

Hit a pothole and you buckle your wheel, then the tyre comes off and you lose control and your car gets written off.

In the same situation the genuine wheel would have been able to withstand the pothole and be fine.

But that situation comes down to tyre profile as well.

But why put yourself in that sort of situation to begin with?

PLUS buying fakes takes money away from the genuine companies that actually do the research and development, which results in them becoming bankrupt and having to shut down.

Oh what are the chances of that you say?

Well how about ARC filing for bankruptcy.

http://blog.nengun.com/news-arc-international-bankrupt

ARC is in debt approximately $7.8Million.

Greddy also filed for bankruptcy at $60Million in debt. Yes sixty million dollars in debt. But due to them being a much larger company and having a much larger overseas market they were able to pull through.

So that is why you don't buy fakes because you're wrecking the industry.
    Last edited by newpaddy3; 17-03-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    We're doing it for the children.

Wouldnt that be cause of the financial meltdown though? I buy fakes cause i cant afford it, atleast if i die in an accident ill still have some money in my bank account to leave for my relatives lol
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Just save up, sure it may take twice as long, but it's worth it.

Even for the wank factor alone.

lol, thanks for the input bra. maybe i can get some TDM Ankei's or Ronig's
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

oh look at this, better not get volks either.

have a read of thsi while you're at it. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...-p-cup-slicks/

i think rota rims have that JWL marking too.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Failed Rotas.

And those TE37s are forged, so just imagine how a cast rep would have gone in that situation.

Can you spot the difference between our photos?

The genuine buckled, the fake literally fell apart,
    Last edited by newpaddy3; 17-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.