Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    2L turbo Jetta -
    Weight to Power Ratio 9.73 : 1 kg/kW

CU2 Lux - 10.84: 1kg/KW

top model vs top model...........how the hell can the CU2 keep up straight line?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    New Jetta looks good. And do remember in the rest of the world the euro is the same price as the Audis, BMWs, Mercedes etc.
    Thats true, most of the Countries Euro is marketting as a luxuary model, only in Australia they compare the car with mid size sedan such as Mazda 6, subaru liberty.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    2L turbo Jetta -
    Weight to Power Ratio 9.73 : 1 kg/kW

CU2 Lux - 10.84: 1kg/KW

top model vs top model...........how the hell can the CU2 keep up straight line?
    Well, I suggest you buy a Jetta, simple as that. The CU2 is quick enough for most people, capable of double the maximum posted speed limit in this country (110kph) as well as being reliable with good build quality, good economy & good resale. But the CU2 is not a car for hoons. That's what WRX's are for.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Well, I suggest you buy a Jetta, simple as that. The CU2 is quick enough for most people, capable of double the maximum posted speed limit in this country (110kph) as well as being reliable with good build quality, good economy & good resale. But the CU2 is not a car for hoons. That's what WRX's are for.
    But Honda market it as a sports sedan (and theyve used noisy as all hell Michelin and Continentals on the cu2 to prove it). And they market it to be light on fuel at the same time, let's all be brutally honest... The economy ain't that great, especially for us city folks, I'm constantly doing more than 11.5-12L/100k on my cl9 on 98 octane. Id hate to see what the CU2 would be sipping, being almost 200kg heavier on the same engine. Wrx don't drink much more than that, and a GTi/vRS drink less than that.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 23-03-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    But Honda market it as a sports sedan.
    Well buy a CU2 then!
    Last edited by Type R Positive; 23-03-2011 at 12:13 AM.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Well buy a CU2 then!
    Bring on the Type-s diesel or lose 300 kilos I might consider it. Else it's a moot point

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    And they market it to be light on fuel at the same time, let's all be brutally honest... The economy ain't that great, especially for us city folks, I'm constantly doing more than 11.5-12L/100k on my cl9 on 98 octane. Id hate to see what the CU2 would be sipping, being almost 200kg heavier on the same engine. Wrx don't drink much more than that, and a GTi/vRS drink less than that.
    CU2 is WAY better on fuel than the CL9! I was getting the same as you with my CL9, and I get around the 8's for the same driving in the CU2. Honda have made changes to offset weight as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Bring on the Type-s diesel or lose 300 kilos I might consider it. Else it's a moot point
    Diesel will never happen in OZ, and we all wish for 300kg lighter, but with steel safety frame, that won't happen either. I thought the CL9 needed more power, the CU2 needs it too.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    CU2 is WAY better on fuel than the CL9! I was getting the same as you with my CL9, and I get around the 8's for the same driving in the CU2. Honda have made changes to offset weight as well.
    Good to know.

I've test driven the new Volvo s60 recently(4cyl direct injection 2.0 ltr turbo)... Thing is a beasty bugger. Now... Considering the ford falcon is getting that engine... Possibly with that 7 or 8 speed zf transmission thingy...

Were gonna get burned off the lane by taxis... And they'd drink equal or less petrol than us.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    For me the CU2 power is more than enough. Until i drive my 3 MPS that is ;-)

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I am really sad that we dont have the Eueo wagon,even New Zealand does.

I have spent the pasr 2 days car shopping with my cousin,who is upgrading from a 2001 CRV into a wagon.

We looked ar all,and if there was a Euro,thats what it would have been.

We are signing this week for a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI wagon....very nice car also....

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    The CU2 is more than quick enough for me & if things fall into place there is a strong chance I will be getting the update model later this year. As for economy, Honda Quote 12.3 city cycle / 6.9 country cycle for the Auto. This seems to be close to what most people achieve. I have traveled 35,900km as of my last fill & averaged 7.08L / 100km over that period. I doubt many cars the size of the CU2 could get close to that figure.